Sidetracked

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
I have a fishtank with live plants and livebearing fish and snails next to the tv. I find I often get sidetracked by the fish. They need a fish tank network like the christmas fire :D

I have betta fish on my desk where I work- looking at them right now. I have five males in their own tanks and a few females too. They are very relaxing and I enjoy watching them swim around. Looks like they are dancing :D

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have noticed people watch different things to calm themselves. Like my husbands is water and mine seems to be fire. I mean I have tried watching water and it just seems to make me panic, but that really isn't surprising considering that Most bodies of water(Pool,Lake,Ocean, or what have you) I am terrified of. But you get me around a fire of any kind and I am just fine. Its almost like being in a trance like state of mind.

I have a nice view of Tijuana from my back yard....and some mountains...sometimes some nice birds and such...Hummingbirds today...no fish since our boys like to feed salt and pepper to them...
ESPN is my distractor...

I have noticed people watch different things to calm themselves. Like my husbands is water and mine seems to be fire. I mean I have tried watching water and it just seems to make me panic, but that really isn't surprising considering that Most bodies of water(Pool,Lake,Ocean, or what have you) I am terrified of. But you get me around a fire of any kind and I am just fine. Its almost like being in a trance like state of mind.
Water, nature, and animals clam me. My fish tanks are a nice relaxing distraction but I can also get distracted watching thetrees and flowers in my garden outside dance in the wind.

I don't have a fish tank but I get sidetracked very easily. When I have the most work to do that is when I find it the hardest to focus. I am constantly grabbing my phone checking my various social media websites. Playing my Talking Tom, Candy Crush and whatever else I can find to occupy my mind. I know I have a problem. :)

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I don't have a fish tank but I get sidetracked very easily. When I have the most work to do that is when I find it the hardest to focus. I am constantly grabbing my phone checking my various social media websites. Playing my Talking Tom, Candy Crush and whatever else I can find to occupy my mind. I know I have a problem. :)
Ironically, I don't have that problem... I have the problem of: if I need to get it done, I need to do it right now. If I don't I will go nuts. I seem to be a never ending "I have to do this, I have to do that. I need to make sure I get it done today" type of thing. To be honest it is rather annoying sometimes. Considering I only seem to actually take a break just to sleep. Other than that I have to make sure everything is done. If not, I am always mad about it. Or get just plan upset. That is unless it comes to the house. I don't mind cleaning during the week. But Sundays is my husbands "Major cleaning day" meaning from floor to ceiling type cleaning gets done. When that happens I just get mad because I actually do not want to do anything.

I have trouble focusng too so long as I know I still have time. Even when I was younger in school, I worked my best when there was fire under my butt and the deadline was approaching. If there was a lot of work- like a research paper- i would work on it a little every day until it was done. But for simple little things I tend to put them off until the deadline gets close.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have trouble focusng too so long as I know I still have time. Even when I was younger in school, I worked my best when there was fire under my butt and the deadline was approaching. If there was a lot of work- like a research paper- i would work on it a little every day until it was done. But for simple little things I tend to put them off until the deadline gets close.
Why wait until a deadline to be so near before doing anything? Wouldn't that just plane out stress you out?