Signal dropouts on windy days

I am very happy with the RCA converter box. I have a roof antenna with an amplifier. I get 25 chanels witha great picture, but on windy days the picture will dropout and the signal stregnth meter will ocasionally drop to zero. My antenna has guy wires and does'nt seem to move very much. Is the signal being disturbed by the wind or is my antenna moving and can it be fixed.

Thanks for your reply

Dick Tell

I am very happy with the RCA converter box. I have a roof antenna with an amplifier. I get 25 chanels witha great picture, but on windy days the picture will dropout and the signal stregnth meter will ocasionally drop to zero. My antenna has guy wires and does'nt seem to move very much. Is the signal being disturbed by the wind or is my antenna moving and can it be fixed.

Thanks for your reply

Dick Tell
This is sometimes cause by the antenna not being aimed precisely do you have a rotator is so you can tweak the antenna position to improve signal. it can also be caused by the signal being weak, even though you have a pre amp some are better than others less noise. radio shack pre amps are notorious for noise and can cause signal break up. Channel Master and Wine Guards are the better two pre amps on the market. also is there anything close to the antenna between it and the signal that would blow in the wind.

Thanks for your reply

Dick Tell
I have the same basic setup with the same issues. I have worked thru all of the connections - about the only place I can think of is inside the Radio Shack Amp. Perhaps they have wires that are not that tightly tied to ground etc. I might need to go replace the Amp... I live in TX and it always windy here. (Seems to come from the capitol... ;))