Simple Gray-Hoverman DIY

nuverde

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have finished adding a step-by-step walk through of the construction of a SBGH to my site. For this walk through, I wanted to make a very simple, yet effective design. This is intended to be mounted in the attic, so it just uses a couple 1x4s and a simple masonite/aluminum foil reflector. It still performs pretty well pulling in 22 stations, some more than 50 miles away.

DIY TV Antennas - Gray-Hoverman (SBGH)

--Chris

SWHouston

Staff member
nuverde,

Nice project !
But I'd sure like to see the TVFool info for the Channels you are receiving, and...
If you can provide us with some signal strengths on them, that would be nice too.
I ask to see what range(s) it is getting, now much VHF-hi if any, like that.

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.

nuverde

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Here is the link to my TVFool information.

TV Fool

I have the antenna pointed at about 80 degrees because I want to get the best signal possible for the PBS station (24). These are the channels we watch the most. Off the top of my head, I do get the only VHF HI channel shown there (7) even though it is 29 miles in the opposite direction. (behind the reflector) Also, I am getting 56 which is 50 miles to the southwest.

I will try to put a complete list of stations I am getting with signal strengths up on the site in the next week.

--Chris

SWHouston

Staff member
Beamwidth Evaluation Chart

nuverde,

Thanks for the info !

In trying to promote your design, it is always good to provide the prospective DIY'er with as much information about your Design as possible.

Here's a Chart you might use, to determine the Beamwidth of your Antenna. Once determining these parameters, you could publish them with the Construction Drawings.

Beamwidth Evaluation Chart

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.