Sirius XM - Sketchy Billing and Customer Service

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Does anyone here have Sirius XM satellite radio?

I've been a customer for well over two years and it seems as though that my bill keeps rising without notification, as well as additional charges being accrued that I've somehow missed 6 months back. Back in July of 2012, I was assessed an additional $15 in between bills.

Also, I've had the (extreme sarcasm) pleasure of speaking to their tech and billing support when trying to make adjustments to my account, like adding the live streaming option through internet. On multiple occasions, there were some communication problems due to the fact that English was not a strong point for the Sirius XM representative. To this day, I'm still unable to login to my streaming account online because the rep did not get the password right when I told them what I want to use. Then there's the long hold times too.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel service now that I have Spotify, but has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
That's what happens when you have no competition.

I find there's enough on the net to amuse me, and then there's REAL radio, too. Of course, for FM radio there's FMfool, FM Fool - FM Signal Locater, and I also find this service useful: Record radio: How To Record Radio - All AM/FM/Net Shows
Thing is, I really like some of the stations and programming on Sirius XM, but since switching to Spotify, I can basically listen to most of my music or songs any time I want to, like a DVR. It's much cheaper too at $10 a month instead of $20 a month for Sirius XM.