Size of your projector?

vibetv

DTVUSA Jr. Member
If you have a projector in your house, what size screen do you usually have it on when you use it? I have mine on a 108" screen in my basement. It looks fantastic for anything.

aeagle

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have a small projector that is cast onto a screen that is only 60" right now. I want to buy a new one in the future, just need to have the wife convinced when I go out and buy it. Hate to see her mad...

vibetv

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I have a small projector that is cast onto a screen that is only 60" right now. I want to buy a new one in the future, just need to have the wife convinced when I go out and buy it. Hate to see her mad...
When I got my projector, I didn't even ask my wife. I told her that I would have a surprise for her when she got home that night from work. She did, and thank goodness she liked it. I was stunned.

Richmond

DTVUSA Rookie
When I got my projector, I didn't even ask my wife. I told her that I would have a surprise for her when she got home that night from work. She did, and thank goodness she liked it. I was stunned.
You've got a great wife, I've gotta get permission just to use the bathroom most of the time. Just kidding. :) If I spent $2K+, there would be some definite explaining to do though.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I project my Sanyo PLV Z2000 HD onto a 96" Dalite screen. It's fantastic for watching movies or sports. One day soon I'll post some pictures of my theater room. The cost was pretty reasonable too.

Thomas G

Contributor
I project my Sanyo PLV Z2000 HD onto a 96" Dalite screen. It's fantastic for watching movies or sports. One day soon I'll post some pictures of my theater room. The cost was pretty reasonable too.
Just looked up the specs on your Sanyo, it's 1080p, and the price is pretty good. :eek: Do you have a dedicated theater room or is this in your fam room? I'd love to get one, but the last available room in my house has been recently converted into a office room for me and the wifey. hmm...

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I have a dedicated theater room. I picked up my Z2000 a couple years ago when it was first released. I got it on a super preview sale for well under $2000.00. When I get a chance I'll post pictures of my theater in the Show Off Your Home Theater Setup section here at DTV USA Forums. One of the nice things about projectors are it's out of the way and the screen can be retracted. Then the wifey and you could have a combination office/theater room:cool:

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I have a dedicated theater room. I picked up my Z2000 a couple years ago when it was first released. I got it on a super preview sale for well under $2000.00. When I get a chance I'll post pictures of my theater in the Show Off Your Home Theater Setup section here at DTV USA Forums. One of the nice things about projectors are it's out of the way and the screen can be retracted. Then the wifey and you could have a combination office/theater room:cool:
HT, just tell her it'll increase property value! ;) Myself and the fam looked at a couple of homes this past weekend, one had a dedicated HT room in the basement. It was fantastic! The gear had been removed already, but the acoustics were awesome in the room and it had 0 windows. Perfect man cave!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
:thumb: OK, you're motivating me to put my pictures up but I definitely don't have a dedicated room for my home theater. Not enough room in my apartment. ;)

cherokeeflyer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
If you have a projector in your house, what size screen do you usually have it on when you use it? I have mine on a 108" screen in my basement. It looks fantastic for anything.
My projector and screen (Carada) are permanently mounted. It's 118" 1.78:1 screen. This is my main TV, and I don't see myself ever going to a smaller screen size.