Sling TV Adds AMC, IFC And EPIX to its Streaming Service Line-Up

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
This is great.
Now if they would just allow streaming on more than one devise at a time like they do in foreign countries. Heck, even if it cost a bit more (like Netflix) it would be worth it to me.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
This is great.
Now if they would just allow streaming on more than one devise at a time like they do in foreign countries. Heck, even if it cost a bit more (like Netflix) it would be worth it to me.
You're really making me think about subscribing! I have yet to do the trial.

The free trial got me hooked. Around here there's no tv reception for the mountains and cheapest cable is about $100 a month if I don't bundle, $70 if I do but then I'm paying more in the long run for other services I don't need.

Just added the hollywood bundle earlier today and loving it. Doesn't look like any of them have the ability to play past programming in the schedule like some of the other channels but hell....for $1 a day for all the channels and packages I have? I can't complain much.

The movie lineup on the Epix bundle looks pretty good. Nice mix of newer and older. And it includes Sundance channel as well.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
The free trial got me hooked. Around here there's no tv reception for the mountains and cheapest cable is about $100 a month if I don't bundle, $70 if I do but then I'm paying more in the long run for other services I don't need.

Just added the hollywood bundle earlier today and loving it. Doesn't look like any of them have the ability to play past programming in the schedule like some of the other channels but hell....for $1 a day for all the channels and packages I have? I can't complain much.

The movie lineup on the Epix bundle looks pretty good. Nice mix of newer and older. And it includes Sundance channel as well.
Welcome to the forum...btw, which would you rather have if you only had one choice...Netflix or Sling TV?

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
You're really making me think about subscribing! I have yet to do the trial.
The streaming to only one device at a time is a real deal breaker for a lot of potential subscribers whom otherwise would most likely pick up the service. At least that's what I read online.

But yea, in Sling TV's FAQ section it states...
"you may only stream Sling TV on one device at a time. Sling International customers have the option to stream international content on up to three devices at a time."

So they're letting people outside the USA stream and watch on multiple devices at the same time but not here?
I don't get it.

It's still a pretty good service but that is a huge flaw that needs corrected.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Sling International is for people of foreign origin living here who want to watch television from their native lands. There is less of an inclination to share passwords. That is why Sling only allows streaming to one device. Otherwise, people share passwords like people with HBO Go do. That is largely the reason that cable companies went to encrypted cable. Too many people "sharing" their cable with the neighbors.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Sling International is for people of foreign origin living here who want to watch television from their native lands. There is less of an inclination to share passwords. That is why Sling only allows streaming to one device. Otherwise, people share passwords like people with HBO Go do. That is largely the reason that cable companies went to encrypted cable. Too many people "sharing" their cable with the neighbors.
The international versions of sling are a good deal for some, not so for others.
For example, for $20 a month, the Tamil package includes 53 channels:
15 great Tamil TV channels + Entertainment Extras
Extras include: 14 English International TV channels, 7 Sports TV channels, Willow Cricket, foreign films, new releases, classics, and 100s of Bollywood movies and Indian titles. Plus, more than 1,000 BIGFlix and South Asian movies.
But for the same $20, the Filipino package includes only 9 channels:
2 great Filipino TV channels + Entertainment Extras
Extras include: 14 English International TV channels, 7 Sports TV channels, Willow Cricket, foreign films, new releases, and classics.
... and the 2 Filipino channels are channels that Filipinos don't watch. Dish does not have rights to the channels Filipinos want.

And note that several of the channels offered on both Sling TV and Sling TV international are available for FREE on the internet or with a simple FTA satellite dish and receiver. These include EBRU TV, RT, Bloomberg, France 24, and more.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Today I tried to add the $5.00 a month Epix tier to my Sling TV account but couldn't find a way to do that online. The same situation occurred when I sought the free Roku streaming stick deal (pay for three months in advance and get a free Roku streaming stick) which Sling TV is offering. On both occasions I had to call them to get set up. Calling isn't a big deal since they answer within a half minute but come on Sling, let us do it on line, will ya'? Don't make it more complex than it needs to be.

Funny thing too is when I asked for the new Epix tier to be added to my service the nice lady on the other end of the line didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Looked it up online while she had me on hold and found out it's actually called "Hollywood Extra." That one she knew about and she hooked me up. Turns out I have to pay for three months worth on that service too since I'm on the three month plan. A real "Gotcha'" there.

When my three months is up I'm gonna' cancel the service and get back on the month to month plan...if that's allowed.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum...btw, which would you rather have if you only had one choice...Netflix or Sling TV?

Hmmmmm.....good question. Considering most of what I prefer to watch I can get directly from the network's websites, I'd prefer to have Sling. It's really whether you'd rather have a huge range of entertainment on demand and wait a while for the newer episodes or if you'd rather have live. I have to say I LOVE El Rey network and the new channels as well.