Small Bay Antenna Indoors?

hawtsauc3

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I live in an apartment, and while my bunny ears antenna work, i'd like something a bit more reliable and less finicky. That said, would a small bay antenna work indoor or would it have to actually be placed outdoors. My apartment's antenna's are messed up (gets about 12 channels to my average 30) and I know they wont replace them as they have a contract with comcast. I'd rather not set it up outside and run a flat coax through the patio, so if I could use a cheap one inside that would be awesome.

KrissB

DTVUSA Member
A TVFool report would be very useful, and a window antenna may work if the window has Line of Site (LOS) to the towers you want. I have made a few Window Panels I call them, to achieve what I feel is fairly good for indoor antennas. If you study up on Dipole's (google) and what freq. the stations you are looking for, you can make a custom dipole antenna setup and be fairly surprised. I've got stations 30-35 miles East and West of me, and they tend to come in fairly well, depending how the weather is. I too am seeking that amazing gadget to have thee best reception without interruption! :p Also, the dipoles I have made, could be made from clothes hangers (metal), or some 16 gauge or better solid wire, maybe strand wire will work too, but I personally haven't tried it, yet!

With a TVFool report we could look at the stations you are trying to get, if they have the same channels as some of us, we can offer better, more useful suggestions.

Hope we can help you more, and as a side note, I wonder how many 4 way splitters are on your apartments antenna setup. :p Probably why you aren't able to get results with that.

Good luck,
Kriss

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I wonder how many 4 way splitters are on your apartments antenna setup. :p Probably why you aren't able to get results with that.

Good luck,
Kriss
Also, I'm thinking the antenna is probably old and therefore optimized for VHF.