Small towns left dark

Uh, so every since the DTV transition has happened I recieve 0 thats right 0 channels. I live in Durango, Co which is about 300 miles away from Denver, and myself just like hundreds of others are without ANY and ALL channels from this DTV transition. What worries me is that I have no connection to a news station or any other station that would warn me of up-coming natural or man-made disasters. Please consider those who while not living in a huge city- do not live out in the middle of nowhere and boost our signals from outlying stations. Or at least pay for better antennas...

Uh, so every since the DTV transition has happened I recieve 0 thats right 0 channels. I live in Durango, Co which is about 300 miles away from Denver, and myself just like hundreds of others are without ANY and ALL channels from this DTV transition. What worries me is that I have no connection to a news station or any other station that would warn me of up-coming natural or man-made disasters. Please consider those who while not living in a huge city- do not live out in the middle of nowhere and boost our signals from outlying stations. Or at least pay for better antennas...
This is actually very scary and I am sure there are other people in this situation. Have you contacted any congressmen or anything about this? You are right what would you do in an emergency?

VHF antenna

Unfortunately the antennas that do pick up the main news station KREZ are not the traditional type that can be used. KREZ now broadcasts a different radio wave, and an antenna to pick it up costs $50. Just seeing if I could get some kind opf rebate for that....

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
$50? You can make a UHF antenna yourself. There's videos on YouTube. Maybe someone else can direct you better than I can.

- Trip