Smart Antenna Thoughts

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Anybody here tried one yet? Are they worth the investment? I get the occasional flickering and hiccup with my attic mounted flat, which I figure is from not being able to rotate. :)
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Smart antennas are designed for a tower distance under 25 miles. If you do a DTVUSA Forum search it appears there are better options.
Use the following link for other posts on the Smart Antenna.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/googlese...&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=smart+antenna&sa=Search#1121

I don't use a smart antenna and i live about 25+ miles away, i just use the factory-roof aerial that came with my house trailer. seems to work fine ;)

Smart antennas have one advantage, they don't require aiming. but they suffer from two problems. 1) they don't do well in fringe or long distance areas like the country and 2) only a few converter boxes even support smart antennas, normally the sub-par ones with less than adequate tuners.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Anybody here tried one yet? Are they worth the investment? I get the occasional flickering and hiccup with my attic mounted flat, which I figure is from not being able to rotate. :)
Have you already tried changing your attic antenna position to see there is a better position for all stations?

What type or model antenna? There maybe ways to solve your problem besides a smart antenna.

Also if you reply back , go here first TV Fool then post back the link here and we can probably give you other options.