So long cable and satellite TV: Hulu Launches Desktop App

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Hulu is released a desktop application which will allow you to browse through it's database of movies and TV shows from through Windows MediaCenter or Appl remote.

To download it, go here: Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

It's only a matter of time before we'll be able to stream Hulu to the TV. At that point, there will be no need for a DVR, no need for cable or satellite TV services, and no more monthly bills. Muhahaha. Muhahahahaha. Muhahahahahahaha Ok, I'll stop, but I think it's pretty cool. :whoo:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Your way too excited about this, aren't you? I'm with you though. I'm excited for the changes on the horizon with DTV and streaming and all:pop2:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Your way too excited about this, aren't you? I'm with you though. I'm excited for the changes on the horizon with DTV and streaming and all:pop2:
My DirecTV will be shut off at the end of next month. Anything I can get, free, after I cancel my service wil be a plus for me. :)

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I love Hulu. It's a great service and they have better shows offered there than 'on demand' does on Comcast cable. 'On demand' is so highly over-rated. I'm excited about this latest news.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
A couple of relevant follow-ups to this...

Speaking last night at an Internet Week event sponsored by The Hollywood Reporter, Jonathan Miller, News Corp.'s newly-installed chief digital officer, said he envisions a future where at least some of the TV shows and movies on Hulu, the premium video site co-owned by News Corp. (NWS), NBC Universal (GE) and Disney (DIS), are available only to subscribers.
Soon, you'll have to pay for Hulu

... consumers spend $5 an hour at theaters to see movies, 75 cents an hour to read books, newspapers and magazines and 50 cents an hour to watch cable and satellite TV, but only 25 cents an hour to surf the Internet.

"There's plenty of room for people to spend more money on things that they're doing online," Iger said.
Disney to charge for online content - Yahoo! News

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
It sounds to me like they're looking to expand their service. I think the VOD could be a good thing. The more competition generated on the internet the lower the prices and the greater the choices.