So tierd of no signal please help

angie244

DTVUSA Rookie
I can't understand this, we got our box back in feb and it worked had maybe 4 working channels, then it just got worse and pretty much stoped working. For the past five months we have been struggling trying to dance around with our way to expensive antenna and try to get this darn thing to work and give a strong signal.

Im very very frustrated, after the switch we lost the few channels that used to work and now only get one channel. I don't understand what else we can do, we have tried running longer cables as high in our little house as we can, we scraped up what little extra money we had and upgraded our anntena,and the cable, and were still getting no signal on all but one or two channels. Its really really hard to afford all this equipment for something that used to work just fine before all this :mad::mad::mad:

Please help me fix this I don;t know what else I can do, here is my location on tv fool if that helps,

TV Fool

angie244

DTVUSA Rookie
Yes, when i re-scanned I lost channels that previously had worked before. I live as north as you can get by a large lake (Canada on the other side) so im pretty much at the very tip of land, I don't know if that may have something to do with it?

do you have an indoor or outdoor antenna? Most of your stations are 57+ miles, you need to go outdoors for those. The rest could probably be picked up with an indoor antenna.

The FCC had no compassion when they switched Analog television VHF for Digital television UHF.

About the only thing you can do is buy a good outdoors antenna and mount it as high as possible and buy a antenna rotor because no one position is good enough to pick up every station in your viewing area.

The FCC went as far as to give away money to people so they could buy a new converter box, if they could not afford a new television.

There was nothing left for free antenna's and installations.

You might find that the Canadian stations might be as strong as the USA stations in some situations.

What kind of antenna do you have and what kind of wire did you use and what kind of converter box are you using. Where is this antenna and where do you live.

Rochester NY is a pretty big place, with lot's of tall buildings and stuff to block your signals.

Piggie

Super Moderator
do you have an indoor or outdoor antenna? Most of your stations are 57+ miles, you need to go outdoors for those. The rest could probably be picked up with an indoor antenna.
As StaticMHz says here can you give us more details about our antenna system, because it appears to me you should receive more stations than you do.