Some HBO shows coming to Amazon Prime May 21

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
HBO, which is usually very stingy with the content it makes available to stream via other services, just announced a deal with Amazon to have some older shows available on Amazon Prime. The agreement does not include all HBO's series, and it only includes episodes more than 3 years old. The first shows will be available on May 21.

Past shows (whole series will be available):
  • The Sopranos
  • Six Feet Under
  • Deadwood
  • The Wire
  • Big Love
  • Eastbound & Down
  • Family Tree
  • Enlightened
  • Flight of the Concords
  • Rome
  • Band of Brothers
  • John Adams
  • Angels in America
  • The Pacific
  • Parade's End
  • various movies and specials

Current/newer shows (with episodes to be added as they reach 3 years after initial airing):
  • Girls
  • Veep
  • True Blood
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • The Newsroom
  • Treme

Shows that are NOT included:
  • Game of Thrones
  • Entourage
  • Sex and the City
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm

Are you excited to see this deal announced? If you have Amazon Prime, which series are you looking forward to watching? Will this entice you to subscribe if you're not a member?

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I am a Prime member, I am not planning to renew. This news is not enough to cause me to reconsider.

Great, I might be able to sneak in the whole of The Wire before my subscription is cancelled at the end of the year! I have seen it all but my wife hasn't and I don't want to buy all the extortionately priced DVDs or watch it on pixellated pirate sites - it's just too good for that. Deadwood is a 3-season masterpiece and I can easily see myself re-hooked through Amazon. This is going to really help Amazon Prime stand out in the online TV market!

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
I'm looking forward to finishing Deadwood and Big Love (I started both the series several years ago, but then got busy with other things) and hopefully catching up on some of the current series (although it depends which seasons are available).

If they keep adding new content, then it might be enough added benefit to make me renew Prime when the time comes. Streaming is a lot more convenient for me than waiting to get DVDs in the mail. And I have no plans to either pay for HBO via cable or buy DVDs (If they offered HBO-Go a la carte for a reasonable price, I'd get it, but that's unlikely to happen yet!)