Some say Comcast deal will hurt Roku users

James

DTVUSA Member
Timothy Stenovec at HufPo writes that the Comcast/Time-Warner deal could hurt Roku users. The Weather Channel may also be vulnerable. He lays out the possibilities here.

Speculation?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I agree that the merger will undoubtedly hurt their cable customers, for a wide variety of reasons. However, it is not an issue for all Roku owners. It only affects the group where these two conditions overlap - and I would question how many people that really affects. Do many people really use a Roku if they have access to cable?? And not have another device that can do the same, such as a game system or smart TV? (I bet even some of those complaining are simply sharing an account with friends/family anyway. I know I'd gladly mooch off someone's HBO subscription if I knew someone well enough to ask.)

For Roku owners like myself, who have neither Comcast nor Time Warner and have no intentions of subscribing to either, it doesn't matter that much.

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
For Roku owners like myself, who have neither Comcast nor Time Warner and have no intentions of subscribing to either, it doesn't matter that much.
Ditto! There are a lot of Roku owners that do not have any subscription and thus such Roku users will not be affected at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Comcast 0
A Comcast 0
A Comcast 0