SONOS Playbar vs Jawbone JAMBOX Bluetooth Speakers?

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
SONOS looks like a much more involved speaker box (9 speakers total in the housing) than the JAMBOX. It should be for $699 compared to the JAMBOX at $129.99.

Olivier

DTVUSA Rookie
I haven't personally owned any speakers above the price of $300 but $699 does seem way overpriced regardless of how powerful the speakers might be. I've only ever used the Jawbone Jambox and the Bose Soundlink before and I would definitely recommend getting the Bose over the Jambox since their prices are similar at $250 or so. Because of how light the Jambox is, it vibrates quite a bit when it's played at higher volumes. In fact, it could even vibrate itself off the table unless you stack something heavy on top of it, which is kinda annoying if you have to do this every time you want to use it at different places.

Last edited:

James

DTVUSA Member
Looking at both items and playing armchair engineer I suspect the SONOS to be far superior. The boxes look to be much more focus on sound than style. The art and science of speaker design does change but physics is pretty set. The SONOS look much more like real speakers than an artsy cool thing that has speakers. BUT there are different needs for different people. You don't know what you are missing until you compare several speakers, system and all that. You must listen and see for yourself.

Ah..as I thought..
PHP:
”At this price Jawbone has positioned its Big Jambox against the well-regarded Sonos Play:3 which offers better overall sound,” says Ricker.

Last edited: