Sony Bravia KDL

mark8888

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hi,

I have a sony Bravia TV and purchased it on the basis it was a smart TV and connected to the internet direct through a Ethernet cable. However I have tried to connect several keyboard and mouse to the TV but they are not recognized.

It really is not practical to use the remote to type, like press number 2 three times to get the letter C. I thought technology passed this many years ago.

A friend suggested a connect a small PC and hide behind the TV and connectivity with keyboard and mouse will work, i have tried and it does but i really do not see the poiunt in investing in a SMART TV when you require a PC to hook up the keyboard, this IMO is not smart at all.

Im thinking there must be a solution, surely I can connect a keyboard and mouse direct to teh TV with no need for additional PC. And surly sony have not invented a TV that internet can only be browsed through the remote.

Please help

Mark, Saltcoats, CA

Last edited by a moderator:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Have the keyboards been wired, or wireless? I've been looking over here and it seems that they aren't compatible with wireless keyboards, but at least some models will accept a wired keyboard or mouse. The other option they give is using a remote app on a smart phone.

mark8888

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Have the keyboards been wired, or wireless? I've been looking over here and it seems that they aren't compatible with wireless keyboards, but at least some models will accept a wired keyboard or mouse. The other option they give is using a remote app on a smart phone.
Oh an app would be good, i will need to search for one.

And all of the keyboards i have tried have been wireless, seems strange as wired would mean you would need to sit next to the TV, sofa with a wireless makes way more sense.

However i will try a wired one, sure i have a few old ones in workplace.