Sony Bravia TVGOS

U

Unregistered

Has anybody gotten their Bravia to work with TVGOS? I'm trying to get it to work with Comcast cable and not having any luck.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Guest,

My Bravia shows current TVGOS every day, however, I receive it via free over-the-air TV.

Have you gone into the Bravia menu and 'requested' it to receive TVGOS? Sony is user-friendly and the on-screen instructions are easy to follow. Your owners manual (also) instructs how to do this.

On the other hand ... perhaps you are paying for what you aren't getting. The last step would be for you to contact Compost and ask them.

Jim

n2rj

Staff member
It may be Comcast, it may be the host station. Comcast either isn't passing the data or it isn't getting it (from the local CBS station). Some cable systems have their own TVGOS inserters too.

Has anybody gotten their Bravia to work with TVGOS? I'm trying to get it to work with Comcast cable and not having any luck.
Since Comcast has decided to take away the analog PBS channel, those people who use the TVGOS (aka TVGuide On Screen) on their TV's / DVR's will now see that their listings are blank. Macrovision (who supplies the TVGOS data) worked with PBS channels to provide the info over those PBS Channels that were broadcasting in Analog. Now that more and more channels are going to Digital ATSC transmission, CBS is now the "carrier" chosen by macrovision to host the data on a subcarrier on one of their digital channels. So either Comcast is not getting it or they are stripping it someplace.