Question: Sooo Many antenna choices.... Hoping someone can help recent cable cutter.

T

Traker1001

Hello friends. Recently cut cable and am trying to setup a OTA solution. All my stations are pretty close which kinda adds to the confusion for me. I am wanting to mount an antenna in the attic, Since Im trying to get tv in my basement.

So to start my TVfool report.
TV Fool

As I said I would like to get tv is in the basement. The cable run would be just shy of 50ft. I have plenty of RG6, Can I use that.
There is a pretty prevalent "HDTV Outdoor Amplified Antenna HD TV 36dB Rotor Remote 360°" on Ebay for $30 that I was considering, However Im afraid maybe of going to sensitive if thats possible.

Thanks much for any thoughts you might have.

There is a pretty prevalent "HDTV Outdoor Amplified Antenna HD TV 36dB Rotor Remote 360°" on Ebay for $30 that I was considering, However Im afraid maybe of going to sensitive if thats possible.
Let me jump in before MrPogi says it: YOU DON'T NEED AN AMP!! With those signals, any kind of amplified antenna could overload your tuner. You also don't need a rotor.

Seriously, do you have a south facing window in the basement? You might not even need to go to the attic. You could rig up a little wire clothes hanger and stick it in a window, just to see what ya get. Or an HD Blade flat antenna might be just the ticket.

Rick