Spain 2014 Basketball World Cup

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Well, this is it! The World Cup has just begun (30August-14September) and there are definitely some matches worth watching!!! I am a true basketball fan, so I will be watching Greece vs Senegal and France vs Brazil, before USA vs Finland!!! Let's see what this World Cup will offer this year. Spain, here we come!!!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Greece vs Senegal: 87-64 (way to go, Greeks!) USA vs Finland: 114-54 (wow!!!) and last but not least, France vs Brazil: 63-65 (that was close!). Great first day, let's hope for even more exciting matches within the following days!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
3 wins in a row for Greece and the first team to make it to the next round. Puerto Rico-Greece 79-90. Of course, USA has not completed the third match yet, today's challenge is New Zealand. Brazil vs Spain is another great match for basketball lovers!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Group A W/L P

1[ESP]Spain 3/0 6
2[FRA]France 2/1 5
3[SRB]Serbia 2/1 5
4[BRA]Brazil 2/1 5
5[IRI]Iran 0/3 3
6[EGY]Egypt 0/3 3

Group B W/L P

1[GRE]Greece 3/0 6
2[ARG]Argentina 2/1 5
3[CRO]Croatia 2/1 5
4[SEN]Senegal 2/1 5
5[PHI]PHI 0/3 3
6[PUR]PUR 0/3 3

Group C W/L P

1[USA]USA 3/0 6
2[UKR]Ukraine 2/1 5
3[DOM]DOM 2/1 5
4[TUR]Turkey 1/2 4
5[FIN]Finland 1/2 4
6[NZL]NZL 0/3 3

Group D W/L P

1[SLO]Slovenia 3/0 6
2[AUS]Australia 2/1 5
3[LTU]Lithuania 2/1 5
4[MEX]Mexico 1/2 4
5[ANG]Angola 1/2 4
6[KOR]Korea 0/3 3
These are the groups so far with the wins and losses, so as to keep track! Today, Greece vs Croatia, Serbia vs Brazil and Spain vs France will be hot! USA vs DOM will be a sight for sore eyes, as well!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Ukraine vs USA 71-95 and 5 out of 5! Greece vs Croatia 76-65 and today the final match for the first place in Group B against Argentina! More and more exciting games are to follow!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Iran and Egypt, Puerto Rico and Philippines, Ukraine and Finland, Angola and Korea. These are the 8 teams that could not make it to the round of 16. Now, we have USA vs Mexico and France vs Croatia in the highlights for Saturday.

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Well, no surprise for Spain vs Senegal, 89-56. The same for USA vs Mexico, 86-63. France vs Croatia 69-64 (that was really great as a match!) and DOM vs Slovenia 61-71. So, you see the winners for the top 8 teams!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
And today, the rest of the teams will be competing for the round of 8! NZL vs LTU, SRB vs GRE, TUR vs AUS and BRA vs ARG. Hot, hot games!!!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Finally, Serbia won Greece ( too bad, I was a Greece fan :( ) 90-72 and Brazin won Argentina 85-65. The other games were Turkey vs Australia 65-64 (wow!!! close) and NZL-LTU 71-76.

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Now that the Greeks have returned home, I can focus on USA team for good! Of course, my main concern is that Spain does not do well at the World Cup. I do not know why, but I totally dislike them as attitude. OK, there are several great players, but that's about it!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Final Four time now, USA is hot and the match versus Lithuania is about to start. Spain was outwon by the French and so after this match the final opponent for USA will either be Serbia or France. Let's see, but first thing's first!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Don't forget that this is a special day for all Americans. So, I hope that our country has got one more reason to feel optimistic about after these 40 minutes. Come on, guys!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Mission accomplished! Now all we have to do is wait for our opponent at the final match. Personally, I predict that Serbia will win the French. A few hours left!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
And the final moment is here!!! USA vs Serbia and within a few hours we will know who is going to be the World Champion. The basketball match is going to be truly exciting, taking into account all the stars competing!

Lestrade

DTVUSA Member
Holy Cow!!! 129-92!!! I hope you guys were watching the game, it was amazing!!! All the US players were focused on the target and they were in no way threatened by the Serbians!!! Way to go, Team USA!!!!!!