Spam email - Report it to the Federal Trade Commission

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Did you know that there were over 100 billion spam emails sent per day in 2007? (E-mail spam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Did you know that there are estimates that 85% of incoming mail is "abusive email"? (E-mail spam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I thought I'd post a helpful link from the Federal Trade Commision that allows you to report spam email to them FTC - SPAM - Home Page

This email address is direct from the FTC webpage which can be used to report spam.
To forward unwanted or deceptive spam to the FTC send it to spam@uce.gov, and be sure to include the full email header.
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'm tired of spam. With the recent effort being placed on "Being Green", I'd like to see more government agencies clamp down on spam emails, which cause a domino effect of wasting natural resources. Imagine how much time each person connected to the internet wastes each day cleaning out spam email out of their inbox? Everything from power used to send/receive the junk emails (multiplied by 100 billion a day!) to the average money and time spent by businesses combatting this useless garbage.

Yes this is a rant, but this really grinds my gears. ;)

Mei

DTVUSA Member
thank you for sharing. i really hate spam mails and i do not know what to do about those 30 spam mails that i receive everyday. even those who claim that you have won one million pounds or something like that. i think i would have to do something about it now. thanks.:D

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Some providers are better at blocking spam emails than others. I'm not really sure which one is the best. Yahoo mail used to be really great in blocking them. I never even saw them. But, lately they let a lot through to my inbox. I am glad that someone is taking notice and doing something about it and that we have somewhere to send them to. But, I don't have the time to foward 50 plus spam mails to anybody each day. So, I just put them in the spam folder and let Yahoo deal with them. Although, they aren't doing a very good job of it or I wouldn't have such a big problem with it.

nick

DTVUSA Member
Thanks mate i am happy that you shared with us i am so tired of the spams i get about 50 to 90 spams per day and i am totally fed up. But do they really take care of the spam mails ??

jack

DTVUSA Member
As more people use email, marketers are increasingly using email messages to pitch their products and services. Some consumers find unsolicited commercial email - also known as "spam".If you get spam email that you think is deceptive, forward it to spam@uce.gov. The FTC uses the spam stored in this database to pursue law enforcement actions against people who send deceptive email.