Specs on the Memorex MVCB1000 Converter Box

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Just spotted this unit today (8/24/08) being sold at a local Walmart for 69.99 and it's elgible for purchase with a $40 government converter box coupon, which brings the price down to $29.99 without taxes.

Product Manual at (Comment: The manual is such a poor translation to English, would expect something a little more professional from a company like Memorex): http://www.memorexelectronics.com/manuals/MVCB1000OM.pdf

Specs (Comment: Not much info available from the manufacturer): MVCB1000 Product Detail Page#

Product Features

• Converts digital broadcasts to your analog TV
  • Electronic program guide and program information
  • Parental control function
  • Auto tuning (finds all digital broadcasts)
  • Closed captioning

boats

DTVUSA Rookie
memorex

I ppurchased 2 of these units waiting for the day they would be needed. I decided to plug them in early since most of my local stations had started switching over. Upon plugging in the unit, reading the manual, and searching for stations; my units cannot seem to locate any channel under 13. This means the major networks of 4, 5 7, 9, and 11 elude me. So far I am not happy with this unit. I am currently letting a friend use it to see if he has better results.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Hey Boats,
Just for my knowledge, did your setup include an antenna (indoor or outdoor)? I'm curious to see if you get similar results with your next converter box (CECB).

chilorio8

DTVUSA Rookie
I bought this converter box, but i lost the remote control, any of you know where i can buy a repacement??? I used an universal remote, but it doens't worked, do you know what universal remote works with this box???