Star Trek Channel

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Yep, that's right. I want a Star Trek channel. It could run every episode of every Star Trek movie and series that has ever been made. It could show the originial, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager & Enterprise. I would like this channel to be somewhat family friendly. No provocative or horror-related commercials. It could even show Andromedia, Babylon 5, Star Wars, the Original Battlestar Glactica, Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, etc. Anything in this particular category.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Yep, that's right. I want a Star Trek channel. It could run every episode of every Star Trek movie and series that has ever been made. It could show the originial, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager & Enterprise. I would like this channel to be somewhat family friendly. No provocative or horror-related commercials. It could even show Andromedia, Babylon 5, Star Wars, the Original Battlestar Glactica, Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, etc. Anything in this particular category.
ok, lol, I would take this channel any day over Sci-Fi channel.

djs

DTVUSA Member
There are certainly enough fans out there that would watch a Star Trek channel. I was never a big fan, but I'm sure I'd find myself watching some old episodes from time to time.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Yep, that's right. I want a Star Trek channel. It could run every episode of every Star Trek movie and series that has ever been made. It could show the originial, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager & Enterprise. I would like this channel to be somewhat family friendly. No provocative or horror-related commercials. It could even show Andromedia, Babylon 5, Star Wars, the Original Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, etc. Anything in this particular category.

You're joking, right? A Star Trek Channel? Assuming that CBS Viacom/Paramount decides to greenlight such a network, how would it negotiate with rival companies such as 20th Century Fox, Warner Brothers, NBC Universal, and the "source" producers such as Lucasfilm Ltd. to acquire the rights to the content you list? It's not like NBC Universal is going to shut down Sci Fi and give up its shows to the Star Trek Channel.

Also, if such a channel existed, assuming it cleared all its hurdles, I'd want it on basic cable. Not extended basic. Not premium. Not PPV. Basic.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I'm right there with you! I would love to have a Star Trek Channel. I take Voyager every day and Deep Space Nine three days a week, and TNG whenever I can and play them when I go to bed before I go to sleep. Well, not all of them, but at least one or two. Can't go to sleep without 'em!

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
They are rather addictive. I have been guilty of actually dreaming the episodes, especially Voyager and The Next Generation. I am usually a vital member of the crew. Lol.