Streaming Error: There was a problem connecting to DirecTV. Please try again later. -

I get the message "There was a problem connecting to DirecTV. Please try again later." when trying to watch any On Demand shows that I did not previously download. I also receive the same error when trying to utilize the "Watch it from the beginning" feature. This problem has been going on for weeks, I just haven't had a chance to deal with it yet.
My receiver is: HR44/500
I have already reset the wireless password and reconnected it to the TV successfully. No other problems with the internet. I do not know how to test my network speed.
I have run a system test, and it only came up with one Test Failed: Not connected to a phone line. Which is accurate. We do not have a home phone.

Would love to be able to watch On Demand and fix this issue if anyone has any advice.
Not a fan of call centers, prefer to do it myself if possible.

This question, "Streaming Error: There was a problem connecting to DirecTV. Please try again later.," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

G

Pizt ovv

I"m new to DTV and I'm already getting irritated like crazy. I want to go back to Dish. Everytime I try to to start a movie from the beginning I get an error message and it happens ALL THE TIME. It's been happening off and on since day ONE. I'm very irritated by it. I pay over a hundred dollars a month for TV and internet. I'm getting ripped off. Dish was so much better. I get this error message CONSTANTLY. there was a problem connecting to direct TV please try again later