Stuck at 98% on Step 2 Receiving Satellite iformation after a reset - DirecTV

I have an HR24-200 DVR Receiver that just hung (picture and sound disappeared) while watching this morning. Did the red button reset. Step 1 went fine, but the receiver hung at 98% when doing the download of the guide data in step #2. I repeated the red button reboot again with the same results. Unplugged/replugged the receiver, and it rebooted with the same results. I have 6 other active boxes, while not checking every other one, two others were fine. So, I don't think it is an actual dish issue. I had to leave for work, so I can't be there today to troubleshoot with a tech on the phone. Is this a common issue, and how do I get around it? I do suspect that maybe it is a bad box and I need a replacement. Any information would be appreciated

This question, "Stuck at 98% on Step 2 Receiving Satellite iformation after a reset," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.

R

ron marks

I have an HR24-200 DVR Receiver that just hung (picture and sound disappeared) while watching this morning. Did the red button reset. Step 1 went fine, but the receiver hung at 98% when doing the download of the guide data in step #2. I repeated the red button reboot again with the same results. Unplugged/replugged the receiver, and it rebooted with the same results. I have 6 other active boxes, while not checking every other one, two others were fine. So, I don't think it is an actual dish issue. I had to leave for work, so I can't be there today to troubleshoot with a tech on the phone. Is this a common issue, and how do I get around it? I do suspect that maybe it is a bad box and I need a replacement. Any information would be appreciated

This question, "Stuck at 98% on Step 2 Receiving Satellite information after a reset," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.
I have the same problem - have you fixed it? How?