Subchannel Chat (Over-the-air) ie: THIS TV, RTN, Independent Channels

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Me-TV adds "That Girl", Lists holiday programming.

[FONT=&quot]Me-TV Press Release:

Me-TV to air ‘That Girl’ beginning with a New Year’s Day marathon [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Me-TV is ringing in the New Year with ‘That Girl!’ The classic TV network will air a ‘That Girl’ marathon showcasing the first 12 episodes in the series on New Year’s Day from 11 AM until 5 PM EST. The next day, Monday, January 2, 2012, ‘That Girl’ will launch at its new regular spot on Me-TV’s schedule, Weeknights at 9:30 PM EST, beginning with the next episode in the series, as well as Sundays at 3 PM EST.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Click here for more information and the promo.

[/FONT]
Me-TV to air holiday episodes from select comedy series and classic animated shows, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

The holidays are here…and on TV! The classic television network is featuring the ‘Me-TV Merry-Thon’ on Saturday, December 24 and Sunday, December 25 that includes holiday-themed episodes from series including ‘The Mary Tyler Moore Show,’ ‘Laverne & Shirley,’ ‘The Bob Newhart Show,’ ‘The Brady Bunch,’ ‘The Bob Newhart Show,’ ‘M*A*S*H,’ ‘Taxi’ and ‘The Honeymooners.’ The marathon will also include memorable animated shows, including ‘Cricket on the Hearth,’ ‘The Fat Albert Christmas Special,’ ‘The Little Drummer Boy’ and ‘Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol.’

Below is a list of scheduled shows, times and episode titles. Click here for more information and the promo.
Saturday, December 24
10:00 AM Poky’s Little Puppy’s First Christmas
10:30 AM A Snow White Christmas
3:00 PM The First Snow of Winter
3:30 PM The Snow Queen
5:00 PM He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special
6:00 PM The Little Drummer Boy
6:30 PM The Fat Albert Christmas Special
7 & 8:00 PM Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol
9:00 PM Santa’s Last Christmas
9:30 PM The Forgotten Toys
10:00 PM Second Star to the Left
10:30 PM The Little Drummer Boy

Sunday, December 25
10:00 AM The Fat Albert Christmas Special
10:30 AM Cricket on the Hearth
12:30 PM The Brady Bunch “The Voice of Christmas”
1:00 PM Happy Days “White Christmas”
1:30 PM Happy Days “All I Want for Christmas”
2:00 PM Laverne & Shirley “Oh Hear the Angels’ Voices”
2:30 PM Laverne & Shirley “Oh, Come All Ye Bums”
3:00 PM The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis “Jangle Bells”
3:30 PM The Fat Albert Christmas Special
4:00 PM The Little Drummer Boy
4:30 PM Mister Magoo’s Christmas Carol
5:30 PM The Honeymooners “’Twas the Night Before Christmas”
6:00 PM The Bob Newhart Show “His Busiest Season”
6:30 PM The Mary Tyler Moore Show “Christmas and the Hard Luck Kid II”
7:00 PM Taxi “Get Me Through the Holidays”
7:30 PM M*A*S*H “Dear Dad”
All times Eastern.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Trip

Moderator, Webmaster of Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Live well? What does that mean?
Tim's answer is correct.

I'm still waiting to see what will happen with WMAQ 5.3. [...] or just reallocate the bandwidth to the main channel,
I have selectively quoted your post in a way that should answer the question.

You better hope you're right on all of it.
I don't have to hope. I work for Luken now, remember? I know exactly how long their contract is, what the terms are, and what communications have been had with WPVN.

- Trip

MrPogi

Staff member
Me-TV Announces Agreement With Broadcast Partners LLC and its Classic Media Library

Me-TV, Memorable Entertainment Television announced today from NATPE an agreement with Broadcast Partners LLC and its Classic Media Library. Me-TV will be adding a weekend morning animation block featuring multi-generational favorites such as Gumby, Mr. Magoo, He-Man and She-Ra. The programming will be added to the Me-TV schedule beginning in the second quarter of 2012.
Me-TV affiliates will have the option of carrying additional programming including the live action classics: Timmy and Lassie Hour and The Lone Ranger; as well as the animated series: The Archies, Ghostbusters, Casper and Friends and Bravestarr.

“The addition of Gumby and Casper further rounds out the Me-TV Classic TV experience, and is responsive to significant viewer feedback requesting animated all family programming,” said Neal Sabin, president of content and networks for Weigel Broadcasting Co.
Full story (Me-TV press release):
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2012/01/23/56934/metv-and-broadcast-partners-set-deal

MrPogi

Staff member
Antenna TV Spring 2012 Schedule

New Schedule for Antenna TV, effective March 25:

[SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2][SIZE=-2]Mon-Fri - Daytime/Afternoons
5:00AM Antenna TV Theater
7:00AM Antenna TV Theater
9:00AM Antenna TV Theater
11:00AM Too Close for Comfort (replaces Antenna TV Theater)
11:30AM Too Close for Comfort (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
12:00PM Three's Company, with The Ropers/Three's a Crowd in rotation (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
12:30PM Three's Company, with The Ropers/Three's a Crowd in rotation (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
1:00PM McHale's Navy (replaces Dragnet)
1:30PM McHale's Navy (replaces Adam-12)
2:00PM Hazel (replaces McHale's Navy)
2:30PM Hazel (replaces McHale's Navy)
3:00PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Bachelor Father)
3:30PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Bachelor Father)
4:00PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Father Knows Best)
4:30PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Father Knows Best)
5:00PM Adam-12 (replaces Dennis the Menace)
5:30PM Adam-12 (replaces Dennis the Menace)
6:00PM Dragnet (replaces Leave it to Beaver)
6:30PM Dragnet (replaces Leave it to Beaver)

Mon-Thurs - Primetime and Overnight
7:00PM Good Times
7:30PM Good Times
8:00PM Sanford & Son (replaces Three's Company)
8:30PM Sanford & Son (replaces Three's Company)
9:00PM All in the Family
9:30PM All in the Family
10:00PM Three's Company, with The Ropers/Three's a Crowd in rotation (replaces Maude)
10:30PM Three's Company, with The Ropers/Three's a Crowd in rotation (replaces Maude)
11:00PM Too Close for Comfort (replaces Sanford & Son)
11:30PM Too Close for Comfort (replaces Sanford & Son
12:00AM Alfred Hitchcock Presents (replaces Three's Company)
12:30AM Alfred Hitchcock Presents (replaces Three's Company)
1:00AM Burns & Allen (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
1:30AM Burns & Allen (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
2:00AM Jack Benny (replaces Burns & Allen)
2:30AM Jack Benny (replaces Burns & Allen)
3:00AM Antenna TV Theater (replaces Jack Benny 2x/Hazel 2x)

Fridays - Black & White Friday Night
7:00PM Father Knows Best (replaces Good Times)
7:30PM Father Knows Best (replaces Good Times)
8:00PM Bachelor Father (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
8:30PM Bachelor Father (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
9:00PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces All in the Family)
9:30PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces All in the Family)
10:00PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Maude)
10:30PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Maude)
11:00PM Burns & Allen (replaces Sanford & Son)
11:30PM Burns & Allen (replaces Sanford & Son)
12:00AM Jack Benny (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
12:30AM Jack Benny (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
1:00AM McHale's Navy (replaces Benny Hill)
1:30AM McHale's Navy (replaces Benny Hill)
2:00AM Hazel (replaces Benny Hill)
2:30AM Hazel (replaces Benny Hill)
3:00AM Antenna TV Theater (replaces Three Stooges 4x)

Saturdays
5:00AM Antenna TV Theater
7:00AM Here Come the Brides (replaces Antenna TV Theater)
8:00AM Iron Horse (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
9:00AM Adventures of Rin Tin Tin (replaces Totally Tooned In)
9:30AM Adventures of Rin Tin Tin (replaces Totally Tooned In)
10:00AM C.Q. Goes Green E/I
10:30AM Critter Gitters E/I
11:00AM Curiosity Quest E/I
11:30AM Heads Up E/I
12:00PM Y.A. Outdoors E/I
12:30PM Y.A. Outdoors E/I
1:00PM Gidget (replaces Antenna TV Theater)
1:30PM Gidget (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
2:00PM The Flying Nun (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
2:30PM The Flying Nun (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
3:00PM The Monkees (replaces Gidget)
3:30PM The Monkees (replaces Gidget)
4:00PM The Partridge Family (replaces Flying Nun)
4:30PM The Partridge Family (replaces Flying Nun)
5:00PM Adam-12 (replaces The Monkees)
5:30PM Adam-12 (replaces The Monkees)
6:00PM Dragnet (replaces The Partridge Family)
6:30PM Dragnet (replaces The Partridge Family)
7:00PM S.W.A.T.
8:00PM It Takes A Thief (replaces Adam-12 2x)
9:00PM It Takes A Thief (replaces Dragnet 2x)
10:00PM Suspense Theater (replaces It Takes a Thief)
11:00PM Alfred Hitchcock Presents (replaces It Takes a Thief)
11:30PM Alfred Hitchcock Presents (replaces It Takes a Thief cont.)
12:00AM Burns & Allen (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
12:30AM Burns & Allen (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
1:00AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
1:30AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
2:00AM Dennis the Menace (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
2:30AM Dennis the Menace (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
3:00AM The Three Stooges (replaces Suspense Theater)
4:00AM Benny Hill (replaces Suspense Theater)
4:30AM Benny Hill (replaces Suspense Theater cont.)

Sundays
5:00AM Movie
7:00AM Father Knows Best (replaces Antenna TV Theater)
7:30AM Father Knows Best (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
8:00AM Bachelor Father (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
8:30AM Bachelor Father (replaces Antenna TV Theater cont.)
9:00AM Hazel (replaces Circus Boy)
9:30AM Hazel (replaces Circus Boy)
10:00AM McHale's Navy (replaces Adventures of Rin Tin Tin)
10:30AM McHale's Navy (replaces Adventures of Rin Tin Tin)
11:00AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Iron Horse)
11:30AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Iron Horse cont.)
12:00PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Here Come the Brides)
12:30PM Dennis the Menace (replaces Here Come the Brides)
1:00PM Antenna TV Theater
3:00PM Antenna TV Theater (replaces Gidget 2x and The Flying Nun 2x)
5:00PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces The Monkees)
5:30PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces The Monkees)
6:00PM The Partridge Family
6:30PM The Partridge Family
7:00PM Too Close for Comfort
7:30PM Too Close for Comfort
8:00PM NewsRadio (replaces The Nanny)
8:30PM NewsRadio (replaces The Nanny)
9:00PM WKRP in Cincinnati (replaces NewsRadio)
9:30PM WKRP in Cincinnati (replaces NewsRadio)
10:00PM WKRP in Cincinnati (replaces Married...with Children)
10:30PM WKRP in Cincinnati (replaces Married...with Children)
11:00PM Soap
11:30PM Soap
12:00AM Three's Company (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
12:30AM Three's Company (replaces Too Close for Comfort)
1:00AM All in the Family (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
1:30AM All in the Family (replaces Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
2:00AM Maude (replaces Burns & Allen)
2:30AM Maude (replaces Burns & Allen)
3:00AM Good Times (replaces Jack Benny)
3:30AM Good Times (replaces Jack Benny)
4:00AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Hazel)
4:30AM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Hazel)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Antenna TV Spring 2012 -- WKRP in Cincinnati Joins - Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums

(I tried to get this schedule from Antenna TV's website, but the sever with the PDF file appears to be down)

I think of all the stuff I pulled in with my new set up I enjoy the early mornings watching Antenna TV Theater the most ......sometimes they show some pretty newer stuff on there...I think they should just do that all day lol ok so I'm piky

MrPogi

Staff member
I think of all the stuff I pulled in with my new set up I enjoy the early mornings watching Antenna TV Theater the most ......sometimes they show some pretty newer stuff on there...I think they should just do that all day lol ok so I'm piky
If you get ThisTV, they play all movies 24/7, similar to what's on AntennaTV Theater. I really enjoyed ThisTV, it was my go-to channel when nothing else was on. But my local ThisTV affiliate became a MyNetwork affiliate and they only shows ThisTV weekday mornings and weekends. The rest of the time it's dreadful syndicated MyNetwork programming.

You would think someone would do the "all movie" format subchannel network besides ThisTV.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
ThisTV is mostly but not all movies 24/7. They show TV programs as well --- Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt, The Patty Duke Show, and Mr. Ed all come to mind. They are what actually attracted me to ThisTV when I first started watching.

MrPogi

Staff member
ThisTV is mostly but not all movies 24/7. They show TV programs as well --- Highway Patrol, Sea Hunt, The Patty Duke Show, and Mr. Ed all come to mind. They are what actually attracted me to ThisTV when I first started watching.
True, but most of those shows are at odd hours. Either way, it's better than what MyNetwork has to offer!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Very true. They are late night/early morning. I left out the original The Outer Limits that is on a lot. Those shows all tend to air between 1 to 4am pacific time.

Well since it fits the mold here and I've not commented much here lately....a friend of mine in Nashville works for a new start up company that says they may be producing sub channels in the future...he said one project being tossed around is SaVvad a all sci fi type channel with movies and series to match of course.....I'll try to keep everyone intersted as much as possible but I've began to realize that THIS might be exactly where OTA is going actually .....more stations being independent of network affilation and more specialized programming....actually I kinda like the idea....what do ya'll think......

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Dan,

I think a Sci-Fi subchannel would be terrific as long as it doesn't run the same shows as are seen on MeTV, such as Lost in Space, Star Trek and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Ratings.

Jim

Yes totally agreeable Fringe if they do actually go through with it, they definally need to stay away from the already popular "retro" styled sub channels I do think we're full of them already .....maybe something hosted but less cheesy than Sci Fi /// but then again ...that too might work who knows.....

MrPogi

Staff member
Press Release: Me-TV announces affiliation agreement with KATU-TV, Portland

Me-TV has added KATU-TV of Portland, Oregon as an affiliate. Broadcasting of Me-TV programming on KATU-TV begins June 24, 2012, on digital broadcast subchannel 2.2 and Comcast 302, Charter Cable 292, and Wave Broadband 60.

metv.jpg
5.15.2012 – Chicago, Illinois – Me-TV announces an affiliation agreement with Fisher Communications-owned KATU-TV, Portland, OR. The station will launch Me-TV on June 24, 2012 and will be seen over-the-air on channel 2.2 as well as on Comcast channel 302, Charter channel 292 and Wave Broadband channel 60. Me-TV Network now clears more than 79% of the country, serving more than 122 affiliates.

We are excited about adding Me-TV to our slate of multicast offerings. Me-TV’s programming is a natural fit for our audience, advertisers and sales teams in Portland. Classic sitcoms appeal across age groups and are wonderful for family viewing,” stated Randa Minkarah, SVP Revenue & Business Development for Fisher Communications.

Me-TV features a wide range of programming which audiences and advertisers find comfortable and engaging. Me-TV’s library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television as well as independent series owners and producers. Me-TV’s line-up include some of the most beloved television programs ever produced, including: M*A*S*H, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Bob Newhart Show, Gunsmoke, That Girl, the original Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O series.

Me-TV, memorable entertainment television, launched nationally in December 2010, is owned and operated by Weigel Broadcasting Co. and distributed by MGM Television. Click here for additional information about the network, current show list and complete program schedule.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
Bad News for Pay TV subscribers watching MeTV in the Milwaukee, WI market

Found this while browsing a friend's facebook page. While it doesn't affect those with antennas as much as those who watch on pay tv, but what this means is MeTV will be moved to the digital tier on Time Warner cable, while DirecTV & Dish Network will simply drop MeTV once WMLW-CD goes to RF 48 (currently WBME), & WBME will move to RF 24 (currently WMLW-CD). Story here, but you'll have to scroll down to find it, & it's basically the part I quoted.

On Aug. 7, two Weigel Broadcast stations, WMLW-TV (Channel 41) and WBME-TV (Channel 49), will swap dial positions. The change will allow WMLW-TV to have a full-power HD signal, said Jim Hall, general manager of the stations, and of WDJT. WBME also will have "a full power upgrade."

Also, a power upgrade on Telemundo Wisconsin (Channel 63) should be completed Monday. The channel should also be in HD later this year, Hall said.
Right now, neither station by Weigel Broadcasting Milwaukee have anything on file requesting call letters to be swapped between their stations. Basically, they want WMLW-CD to be on a full power signal, & it would guarantee that pay tv can't drop them, plus make the station go HD on a full power signal, rather HD on a low power signal, & be SD on WDJT 58.2. I just wonder if WMLW will be 720p, or 1080i. The only reason WDJT is 1080i, is because of CBS. WMLW is independent, & depending on what all Weigel has planned for RF 48, they might make that station 720p, like they do with WCIU in Chicago. At least no one will lose MeTV, but it's sad though that MeTV will lose their must carry status in that market soon.

MrPogi

Staff member
COZI TV: NBC going retro on new digital network

From Chicago Media blog by Robert Feder on Oct 17, 2012 at 8:00am:

NBCUniversal is getting ready to turn the clock back with a new digital subchannel filled with “retro reruns” and old movies. Nothing is official yet, but from the looks of its tentative lineup, it appears to be a pale imitation of Weigel Broadcasting’s Me-TV and Tribune Broadcasting’s Antenna TV. Set to debut January 1 as COZI TV, the new network will be airing in all 10 markets with NBC-owned stations, including NBC 5 here. A working schedule, obtained Tuesday, kicks off mornings with Lassie, followed by Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, The Virginian, The Adventures of Kit Carson and Alias Smith and Jones. Middays feature Marcus Welby, M.D. and Highway to Heaven. Movies air in afternoons, followed by rotating comedies Burns & Allen, The Lucy Show, Ozzie & Harriet, Red Skelton and Groucho Marx. Prime time includes Charlie’s Angels, The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman and Magnum P.I. It’s not known what the new network will replace on NBC 5’s digital tier. Station officials did not respond to calls for comment.

Actually I like the sounds of the line up unfortantly I think we're well covered here with MeTV and AntennaTV seems like the creative endurance of creativtity isn't playing much into these new channels....besides most stations that have any of these are probably staying with these for a while;...