'Subliminal' Advertising on Fox 7 News (pics inside!)

FINALLY i caught the little devil which shows up for a mere 1/4 second before horizontally panning to a background which then zooms 'Accuweather Forecast'. I caught it mid-transition but you can just notice how it most definetely says 'EAT' before then transitioning to 'Accuweather Forecast'. keep in mind that although the word 'Weather' has 'EAT' in the middle, this isn't a part of a word since it says 'EAT' before 'Accuweather.' so enjoy it:

Now it only shows up for a 1/4 second so i had to use my fast shutter finger and it took me a whole week and a half to get it to show up. that's how fast it is. now if it wasn't some sort of subliminal thing than why show it only for 1/4 second? hmmmm?

Don't know how your FOX affiliates do things but this is how ours does. it's Fox 7 WTVW Evansville, Indiana, Digital Channel 28.1

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
FINALLY i caught the little devil which shows up for a mere 1/4 second before horizontally panning to a background which then zooms 'Accuweather Forecast'. I caught it mid-transition but you can just notice how it most definetely says 'EAT' before then transitioning to 'Accuweather Forecast'. keep in mind that although the word 'Weather' has 'EAT' in the middle, this isn't a part of a word since it says 'EAT' before 'Accuweather.' so enjoy it:

Now it only shows up for a 1/4 second so i had to use my fast shutter finger and it took me a whole week and a half to get it to show up. that's how fast it is. now if it wasn't some sort of subliminal thing than why show it only for 1/4 second? hmmmm?

Don't know how your FOX affiliates do things but this is how ours does. it's Fox 7 WTVW Evansville, Indiana, Digital Channel 28.1
You sir deserve a :second: I thought you were full of it before...lol

Are you sure it doesn't say BAT?

Last edited:
Nope, EAT. i have a very sucky camera phone. i'll continue to try at a better shot. but you see where i'm going right? it shows in the intro to the forecast (the 2nd forecast) at 9:25PM CDT during the Fox 7 News at 9 segment. that means i only get one shot at it per night. the hard part is it is just after a commercial break so i have no warning or signal. i have to just hit it at the last commercial on time because the delay keeps it from coming up if i hit the shutter just at the screen.

I'd kill for a digital camcorder, but all i can afford is VHS. that'd be a royal pain in the posterior to put up online.

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, EAT. i have a very sucky camera phone. i'll continue to try at a better shot. but you see where i'm going right? it shows in the intro to the forecast (the 2nd forecast) at 9:25PM CDT during the Fox 7 News at 9 segment. that means i only get one shot at it per night. the hard part is it is just after a commercial break so i have no warning or signal. i have to just hit it at the last commercial on time because the delay keeps it from coming up if i hit the shutter just at the screen.

I'd kill for a digital camcorder, but all i can afford is VHS. that'd be a royal pain in the posterior to put up online.
You're definitely on to something there. Looks like "EAT" to me. Just to further the conspiracy theory...it's odd that EAT is in no way shape or form related to Fox 7 News. There's no "A"or "T" and only a small "e" in Fox 7 News.

It shows up clear as Digital Television when it first comes on, but by the time the camera catches it it's transitioning. the first attempts were total failures so i only got the blue sky background which shows afterwards before going on to 'Accuweather Forecast' so what i have to do is take the shot just at the fade out of the third commercial after the 'Job of the Day' segment. then i have it.

I know how America is going on and on about this 'bad obesity' thing so i kinda find it funny how this happens. i mean it may not be the intent to do subliminal messages but it definitely has that effect since it only says so for a mere 1/4 second which would indeed trigger the effect of subliminal advertising, be that the intent or not.

Of course, with my hyperthyroidism i have to keep eating otherwise i'd fade away. now if only there was 1500 solutions to THAT like there is for weight loss. i am so sick and tired of this drug and that drug. here's a weight loss cure! get off the couch and get a life! get off twitter and go out and meet people face to face! you'd be surprised how well it works. the reason america's so obese today is because the digital world has made any reason to go outside a moot point. i mean you have internet TV, games, social networking, netbooks, iPods and iPhones, why do anything when it's all there at your fingertips? there's a dark side to tech folks. reminds me of that Hulu ad where they say they're slowly rotting your brains. i believe it. i see enough zombies in my daily life to prove it lol

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
It shows up clear as Digital Television when it first comes on, but by the time the camera catches it it's transitioning. the first attempts were total failures so i only got the blue sky background which shows afterwards before going on to 'Accuweather Forecast' so what i have to do is take the shot just at the fade out of the third commercial after the 'Job of the Day' segment. then i have it.

I know how America is going on and on about this 'bad obesity' thing so i kinda find it funny how this happens. i mean it may not be the intent to do subliminal messages but it definitely has that effect since it only says so for a mere 1/4 second which would indeed trigger the effect of subliminal advertising, be that the intent or not.

Of course, with my hyperthyroidism i have to keep eating otherwise i'd fade away. now if only there was 1500 solutions to THAT like there is for weight loss. i am so sick and tired of this drug and that drug. here's a weight loss cure! get off the couch and get a life! get off twitter and go out and meet people face to face! you'd be surprised how well it works. the reason america's so obese today is because the digital world has made any reason to go outside a moot point. i mean you have internet TV, games, social networking, netbooks, iPods and iPhones, why do anything when it's all there at your fingertips? there's a dark side to tech folks. reminds me of that Hulu ad where they say they're slowly rotting your brains. i believe it. i see enough zombies in my daily life to prove it lol
Wow. That's just crazy.

Here's the short Wiki entry for Subliminal Messages:
A subliminal message is a hidden or covert message embedded in another signal, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human consciousness. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems. The term subliminal means "beneath a limen" (sensory threshold). This is from the Latin words sub, meaning under, and limen, meaning threshold.
Huh? Subliminal messages are unrecognizable but sometimes recognizable by the conscious mind? hehe. It's really odd that this Fox station does that. Somebody should send this thread to one of the local Indiana ABC,CBS, or NBC affiliates up there. Maybe they'll do a investigative piece on it. :)

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Not a subliminal message. It's part of the "hype" package they're using, they show fragments of the word popping up. They do something similar for the local ABC affiliate's LIVE MEGA DOPPLER 7000 HD - it's nothing to get hyped up over, though. All it is, they show the weatherman standing in front of this image, pointing out the inclement weather: Radar Images

Such a clear day, I wish I went to the Fur-B-Que at the Irvine Regional Park, but could not get a ride, as I'm in between cars now. Ah, well. Next year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G DirecTV 0