supernanny

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
maybe it's because i don't have any kids yet, but how can some of these kids get as out of control as they are? are these people afraid of parenting? or is it something else i am missing?

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
I think what is shown on the Super Nanny is a little exaggerated version of the real scenario. But then I HAVE witnessed some "little monsters" in action myself. You ought to be a parent to know :)

There are a couple of reasons, I believe, that kids end up the way they do on the show. Number 1 is the parents are not educated in raising children. Number 2 is the parents are not consistent in their behavior when it comes to consequences. Take care of number 1 and number 2 is also resolved.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
There are a couple of reasons, I believe, that kids end up the way they do on the show. Number 1 is the parents are not educated in raising children. Number 2 is the parents are not consistent in their behavior when it comes to consequences. Take care of number 1 and number 2 is also resolved.
Excellent reply tongyun. I believe that is precisely the reason some children grow up behaving so badly. And if the behavior is not corrected, they grow into out of control teenagers.

i guess if everyone had great parenting skills, then there would be no need for this show :) i watch it every now and then for the entertainment factor ;)
I've watched the show and I cringe when I see people with no or limited parenting skills. At the same time, I've watched the show and picked up some tips that I can also use on my kids.

Well, I guess it's more of how some parent give way to the children, and in time the children become the "kings" of the house. That, or the parents behave no differently before and after they became parent. All of which result in the children knowing they can get away with it.. somehow...

There should be at least some basic parenting skills: it's not a pretty picture when children pick up all your bad habits (which they seem to have a talent for lol), you have to remember to be what you want the children to emulate.

Yeah I don't understand how parents could let their kids misbehave as much as they do. They don't have any sense of manners or anything like that. I don't have kids yet but yeah I don't see how they let their kids get like that.

This show amuses me, because some of the things these kids do is just out of control. I remember when I was young, we got whooped over stuff like that. Not abused or anything, just enough for us to learn what we did was wrong. Too many people are afraid of that method now, and don't feel it's right, and I am not saying it is, there just has to be disipline in some form so children can learn.