Surfthechannel, TV Shack, and other 'FREE' TV sites

No subscriptions necessary, these are internet sites which hose video from multiple sources such as Youku, Megavideo, and Youtube among others. they have listings of TV shows and even movies, with no commercials on most links, and all episodes listed. very little dead links.

Some of the shows i view there are:

1. Star Trek: Voyager, the Next Generation, and The Original Series
2. Knight Rider (1982)
3. Mama's Family
4. Full House
5. M*A*S*H

There's a ton.

Sites are at these addresses:

SurfTheChannel - Home

TV Shack - tune in

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Nice find! Completely legal as well I assume, right? ;) Look like TVShack has movies too, nice! I'm definitely going to have to wire a computer into our family room TV for streaming shows, and etc.

perfectly legal, they play online, not downloaded.

No p2p or napster bull.

Yes movies too, i watched WALL-E and the thriller, 1408 on there. and Open season.

now THIS is the real digital transition, tons more to watch. so long as your internet holds up. and free too. no antenna needed. just broadband internet ;)

BTW for the Megavideo links, if it times you out and says 'you watched xx minutes of video today please wait xx hours' you can fix that by changing your IP address by one digit (or reset your modem/router if you're dynamic IP ) hit F5 (refresh) and click the progress indicator where you were last at and finish movies. had to do that on any movie over an hour.

perfectly legal, they play online, not downloaded.

No p2p or napster bull.

Yes movies too, i watched WALL-E and the thriller, 1408 on there. and Open season.

now THIS is the real digital transition, tons more to watch. so long as your internet holds up. and free too. no antenna needed. just broadband internet ;)

BTW for the Megavideo links, if it times you out and says 'you watched xx minutes of video today please wait xx hours' you can fix that by changing your IP address by one digit (or reset your modem/router if you're dynamic IP ) hit F5 (refresh) and click the progress indicator where you were last at and finish movies. had to do that on any movie over an hour.
Hey! Great links!! :):) I just watched Ocean's Eleven. :)

Word of caution on links that only point to Youku. i watched Knight Rider 2000, a 94 minute film, and it took 4 hours to fully view. the way Youku does their 'chunk buffering' (where it buffers so much, stops, and is supposed to continue once it reaches the end of said 'chunk') it never wants to continue from where it stops. you have to hit F5 and remember where the progress bar was.

The shortcuts around it are myths. setting Adobe Flash limits on cache does zilch. doesn't affect it at all. using video accelerators is spyware/malware risk, doesn't work. opening up multiple tabs and using each one for part of the video is too much work and can get you banned. there's really no way around it. it's just sucky.

Other Asian sites work fine. they seem to buffer continously so it reaches the end before the video is halfway there. slow sometimes but it always seems to stream. Youku just likes to stop streaming and refuse to continue at anything other than a snail's pace.

You're welcome! i'll try to post more as i find them, although these two have more options on shows.

I also watched Airwolf. to anyone born and raised in the 1980s that was an AWESOME show!

Very nice. Thanks for providing the links. Once I have some time later this evening I'll have to check it out. I'm always looking for legal sites to watch movies.