tabletop antenna

Mojita

DTVUSA Rookie
first of all hello. my son came over last night and installed my converter box and told me that I have to have a tabletop antenna. I have gotten away with tin foil for years but I guess it won't work anymore. where do I get one?

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
Local electronics store would be the best bet for that. If you have a little more to invest, and if you're allowed to set one up at your residence, you should try to get an antenna on top of a mast or inside a wooden roof/attic.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
You can currently find some bargains on rabbit ears in second hand stores.
first of all hello. my son came over last night and installed my converter box and told me that I have to have a tabletop antenna. I have gotten away with tin foil for years but I guess it won't work anymore. where do I get one?

Piggie

Super Moderator
Local electronics store would be the best bet for that. If you have a little more to invest, and if you're allowed to set one up at your residence, you should try to get an antenna on top of a mast or inside a wooden roof/attic.
It depends on where you live how much antenna you need. Rabbit ear may or may not work.

You can go here put in your address then post the link back here. We can suggest an antenna. Depends on your budget as well I know.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Look in your yellow pages under television or antenna, and you should be able to find where they are sold. Doesn't Radio Shack sell them, too?

Radioshack, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sears, thrift stores, goodwill, Deal$, heck i don't think there's a store out there who doesn't carry antennas save for gas stations and grocery stores.

i don't know what a 'tabletop' antenna is but you should be able to find many and most of the new ones have a color code that if we had the address we could plug into TV Fool or Antennaweb.org to find out which channels have which color codes and then refer you to the appropriate antenna.