Terk HDTVa Antenna-missing Channel 9, 11, 13

dzel_roxy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Just purchased Terk HDTVa Antenna. I currently live in Inland Empire (Corona, CA) which it has the same channel listing with LA for KCAL & KTTV. It is under Channel 9 & Channel 11 respectively. How come I'm able to receive all possible channels from Channels 2 (CBS) to channel 64 but not Channel 9 & Channel 11 for KCAL & KTTV-FOX? I have a pretty good signal.

dzel_roxy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I hooked it up both directly to my Samsung HDTV with built-in tuner & to my set top box through ATSC connection. Same result, all channels except Channel 9 & 11.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Ok I see that it's amplified. That's probably your problem. You don't need amplification with your signal levels.

Also you'll need to use the rabbit ears part for 9 and 11. Each ear should be about 14 inches long and perpendicular to the ground.

Last edited:

dzel_roxy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Just returned my Terk HDTVa antenna and replaced it with 2 GE & RCA rabbit ears antenna. It has about 3 bars (signal) the most it can get it may area, still not able to get channel 9 & 11. I think I'm giving up and just stick with SD local channels for now. Too bad can't utilize my local HD that much especially with KTTV HD (FOX).

Don_M

DTVUSA Member
Are you able to raise an antenna above the roof, or at least put one in the attic? Every one of LA's stations should be quite strong in Corona, and KTTV is the strongest of the VHF stations. There are a few compact outdoor antennas designed for channels 7-69 that sell for less than $50 (plus the cost of the coax cable from antenna to TV) which would get the job done for you.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Are you able to raise an antenna above the roof, or at least put one in the attic? Every one of LA's stations should be quite strong in Corona, and KTTV is the strongest of the VHF stations. There are a few compact outdoor antennas designed for channels 7-69 that sell for less than $50 (plus the cost of the coax cable from antenna to TV) which would get the job done for you.
We don't his know exact location but in Coronoa there shouldn't be ANY reason why a simple non-amplified indoor antenna shouldn't work. At least going by TVfool data. He's got well over a dozen channels in the 50 NM(dB) range or higher. Perhaps a more precise location would help.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I agree with BCF68.

I would return the amplified Terk HDTVa and get an unamplified Terk HDTVi.

None of the major national retailers stock them in Brick & Mortars that I know of. Though you could probably track one down in Southern California. Best bet is to buy online, from somewhere with a good return policy.

However I do think you will do well with the Terk HDTVi. It's a great antenna.

Los Angeles is your local market. San Diego is much farther away, and the signals much weaker. Mt. Wilson where all the LA TV transmission towers are, is just 20 miles from your location.

Hope that helps!

G

Corona

I'm in Corona, also with a new Samsung plasma. Hooked to an existing antenna. Started out fine, then after a few days, I lost 9, 11 and 13 plus their .2, .3 etc. Other tvs get the channels ok

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I'm in Corona, also with a new Samsung plasma. Hooked to an existing antenna. Started out fine, then after a few days, I lost 9, 11 and 13 plus their .2, .3 etc. Other tvs get the channels ok
Guest, What is your "existing antenna"?

G

My Terk indoor antenna is not receiving channel 4.1 which is FOX 4. I did a channel search and got two more channels, and none are FOX 4. I did it again and I lost two channels. I have no clue what's happening. Please help me.😭