Terrestrial Digital Antenna Warning!

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Too funny! I noticed the antenna shown in the photo is upside down with the balun pointing upward. Its also an early version as second-generation DB-2s have a integral 'black-box' balun centrally located. :cheers:

Jim

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Francisco,

The DB-2 antenna can be copied pretty easily in a home shop. I plan to copy one / make my own after the weather turns nasty this Autumn, but I will build a version based on the research done by Forum member EV ... it will be similarly sized to one half of the 4-bay Kosmic SuperQuad he is known for. You should consider building the same.

Jim

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i could try this spring summer time this type of antenna if can get a better reception, as at home have nothing to do all day long then would try perhaps of do this antenna and see if works better to me.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Jim,
If you're building one, you could use welding wire - stainless steel - for the bowties. I have been using the same 9 gauge galvanized fencing wire that EV uses, but for 1 or 2 antennas the welding wire would be a better choice. The 9 gauge wire comes in a huge coil, and it's a pain to straighten out the curl in the wire.