The Beatles: Rock Band

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Not sure if anyone here has ever played Guitar Hero or Rock Band series games but I just picked up The Beatles Rock Band version last week and it ROCKS! hehe, Nothing like having a couple friends over and jamming on the drums, guitar, and microphone.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Isn't it amazing how The Beatles are still selling like hot cakes and they haven't been together in decades, not to mention half the band is dead.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Isn't it amazing how The Beatles are still selling like hot cakes and they haven't been together in decades, not to mention half the band is dead.
LOL!

I love The Beatles but the way you worded that just cracked me up. :)

BTW, anyone ever see the ill adviced 'Butcher Album' cover from 1966?

Here it is...

That's just because they wrote and played quality music. To still be popular nearly 50 years after they started is simply amazing. And to keep with the thread, my wife and I are getting Beatles Rock Band for our family for Christmas. Yeah, yeah, yeah....

JeepJeep

DTVUSA Member
That's just because they wrote and played quality music. To still be popular nearly 50 years after they started is simply amazing. And to keep with the thread, my wife and I are getting Beatles Rock Band for our family for Christmas. Yeah, yeah, yeah....
I'm 41 and my wife and myself play Rockband more than our kids.

:bigband:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Oh my goodness! No, I've never seen that cover, and I can understand why! Ewww!

They definitely were a quality band. I just laugh at the stir they caused. Long hair? I don't think so. lol I think it's a shame the wives came along and ruined it for the world, and yeah, I do blame the wives for the bum steers they gave their hubbies. Don't you wonder what might have been if John hadn't met Yoko?

Oh my goodness! No, I've never seen that cover, and I can understand why! Ewww!

They definitely were a quality band. I just laugh at the stir they caused. Long hair? I don't think so. lol I think it's a shame the wives came along and ruined it for the world, and yeah, I do blame the wives for the bum steers they gave their hubbies. Don't you wonder what might have been if John hadn't met Yoko?
I think to a certain extent, Yoko can be blamed for the breakup, but consider the fact that when the boys broke up, they have been together since the early to mid 1950s. If you had been with someone almost 24/7 for that length of time, I'm sure they'd start irritating you, too. :)

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Since I like posting here and don't wanna' be banned (in other words, I ain't posting a picture of it here), there's a certain John & Yoko album cover you can look up on Google. The album's titled "Unfinished Music No.1: Two Virgins" ...or just Google "Two Virgins." That one use to be sold in the states with a brown paper bag covering all but their faces.

Sometimes I hate the general term for what you call as "rock band". IMHO, i wouldn't consider the beatles as a rock band, more like a pop band. But insults aside, I think this iteration is a good buy for fans, too bad I grew up listening to 90's stuff.

Sometimes I hate the general term for what you call as "rock band". IMHO, i wouldn't consider the beatles as a rock band, more like a pop band.
Is it possible that the definition of rock music has changed and by today's standards the Beatles are no longer considered a rock band? Regardless of what category they fall in, they are one of my favorite groups.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0