the best Basketball player ever?

Generally speaking, most Basketball enthusiasts claim Michael Jordan to be the best Basketball player of all time, which is hard to argue given his many accomplishments.

HOWEVER, I recently have seen some arguments made for Wilt Chamberlain and some of the other legendary Basketball players, but are they better than Jordan? I don't know...

Who do you think was the best Basketball player?

We all probably have our own ideas of who the best Basketball player ever was, based off who we watched play for our home team, or at least the teams that we followed or admired for their accomplishments. As a guy who has generally followed Philly based teams (because of where I live), I would probably claim Wilt Chamberlain or Dr. J as the best Basketball player, even though neither of them really rivaled the full career accomplishments of Jordan, both of them were still very dominant during their respective eras.

Kareem Abdul Jabar can stand toe to toe with Jordan if they were the same in age but hey they were in different eras but still I will go with MJ. The best there was, the best there is and the best that ever will be.

The best there was, the best there is and the best that ever will be.
nice Brett "The Hitman" Hart reference there by the way! :D

Anyway, Kareem Abdul Jabar was definitely one of Basketball's all time great players, and definitely one of the top 3 players during his playing career. Was he equal to Jordan? I don't know about that, but he was certainly still great either way.