The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
As a long-time Star Wars fan, I have to admit that I'm excited about the new set-in-the-Prequels Era TV series, The Clone Wars, which was launched with the theatrical "seventh" film of the same name and will premiere on October 3 on Cartoon Network.

While I do wish the CGI-animation style was a bit more realistic, I did enjoy the movie because I didn't go see it with a Lucas-bashing chip on my shoulder and without the attitude of "if it's Star Wars, it has to be great or else it's not worth seeing." The story WAS geared for kids, of course, but so was the Classic Trilogy, which was not intended to be anything more than a hi tech tribute to Saturday afternoon serials of the 1930s. It was fun, exciting, and the new Padawan Anakin has is clever and interesting.

While I don't have any illusions that my views will sway Lucas-bashers (or that the series will survive), I am going to give it a chance and watch it.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't even noticed this thread until today! The series premiered on October 3rd, 2008 and is apparently scheduled for at least 100 episodes. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD only because it airs at 9P/E time on Friday's.

Have you seen the quality/detail of the cartoon?! It's impressive, they have a small preview on the Clone Wars Home Page: Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Videos and More from the New TV Show | Cartoon Network

You know this was bound to be a good the minute George Lucas agreed to do the cartoon.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I haven't seen it either, but I hear its pretty good. One of these days I'll tune in and check it out. Thanks for the link to the preview, though.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I haven't even noticed this thread until today! The series premiered on October 3rd, 2008 and is apparently scheduled for at least 100 episodes. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD only because it airs at 9P/E time on Friday's.

Have you seen the quality/detail of the cartoon?! It's impressive, they have a small preview on the Clone Wars Home Page: Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Videos and More from the New TV Show | Cartoon Network

You know this was bound to be a good the minute George Lucas agreed to do the cartoon.
You know, I keep on seeing "nay-sayers" at Amazon and other sites that rant on about how George Lucas sold out and "ruined" Star Wars, not just by making animated shows "for kids" but also by doing the Prequels the way he did.

Nonsense. The Clone Wars is kid-friendly, true, but not exactly childish stuff. People get hurt and even die in this cartoon, something one rarely sees in even the best of kid-vid animation. The writing is good, too, and I think it makes the transition of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader in Episode III all the more tragic, since in The Clone Wars he's a heroic Jedi.

I would say that the show isn't geared to much to kids at all seeing as Adult Swim has picked it up for their midnight slot on saturdays. It gives a new spin on a story that left on a sad note.

Boo-Ray

DTVUSA Member
I would say that the show isn't geared to much to kids at all seeing as Adult Swim has picked it up for their midnight slot on saturdays. It gives a new spin on a story that left on a sad note.
It's rated PG. There are a few battle scenes but nothing gratuitous at all. USA Today called it Star Wars Jr. several months ago due to the style of animation and story lines. I call it excrament.

It's rated PG. There are a few battle scenes but nothing gratuitous at all. USA Today called it Star Wars Jr. several months ago due to the style of animation and story lines. I call it excrament.
So I take it your not a fan Boo? I think that most young kids just don't know enough about the story lines thats all. Probably why the later slot works