The CW's Reign?

Have any of you sat down to watch CW's Reign? My wife and I started watching it at the beginning of the season. We are both interested in History so we though this Historical/Fiction may be of interest if we could "take the chicken and leave the bones" meaning take the true events along with the fiction. The long the show goes on the more historically inaccurate it becomes. Henry should have been dead in episode one after his daughters wedding but not on this show, he is still alive and Mary and Francis are now married. How do you feel about a show that is based on History but goes to an extreme with the fiction?

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Actually it would probably either extremely confuse me or I would just stop watching. Like last night we watched the movie Legion. I thought it was good but the way that they made the angels "Not so good", but the bible says that angels are good. Just utterly messed with my mind. I actually had to read a book afterwards so I wouldn't start driving myself nuts.

Actually it would probably either extremely confuse me or I would just stop watching. Like last night we watched the movie Legion. I thought it was good but the way that they made the angels "Not so good", but the bible says that angels are good. Just utterly messed with my mind. I actually had to read a book afterwards so I wouldn't start driving myself nuts.
Were they fallen Angels? The Legions of Angels that were cast out of heaven were not good. Or, was it all angels were not so good? Havent seen the movie, don't think I will Ha!

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Have any of you sat down to watch CW's Reign? ... How do you feel about a show that is based on History but goes to an extreme with the fiction?
I watch Reign, and I quite enjoy it, as a guilty pleasure anyhow.

I have mixed feelings on historical accuracy. There is a lot of "history" that is biased or we don't know much about, anyway. They say that history is written by the winners, and people tend to gloss over many parts of history that they don't like. So I don't necessarily trust the documentary style shows or the textbooks any more than the fiction. Sometimes the "fiction" can be more accurate in spirit than something that purports to only tell "facts" but leaves out information.

I think in some cases it would be better to just make up characters with new names if the writers aren't going to be true to the real people. The show would be just as good if marketed completely as fiction. Reign is one that perhaps they could have done this with.

I watch Reign, and I quite enjoy it, as a guilty pleasure anyhow.

I have mixed feelings on historical accuracy. There is a lot of "history" that is biased or we don't know much about, anyway. They say that history is written by the winners, and people tend to gloss over many parts of history that they don't like. So I don't necessarily trust the documentary style shows or the textbooks any more than the fiction. Sometimes the "fiction" can be more accurate in spirit than something that purports to only tell "facts" but leaves out information.

I think in some cases it would be better to just make up characters with new names if the writers aren't going to be true to the real people. The show would be just as good if marketed completely as fiction. Reign is one that perhaps they could have done this with.
Agreed! My wife and I ask each other every week if we are watching again next week....we always do. I do agree about the text books/history channels as well.