The Kennedys on PBS

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
If you missed the special last night, PBS has the full documentary online at: WGBH American Experience - The Kennedys

Saw it last night on KAET here in Phoenix, AZ. 3 hours long and completely engaging, it delved into the history of the Kennedy family starting with Joseph Patrick Kennedy and his parents then moving down the time line to their 9 children, JFK RFK, etc., and finally Edward Kennedy. I think this blog described the Kennedys best,

As for the Kennedys, they're never going away. They're lodged permanently in American lore. All of Hollywood working together could not come up with a story as rich as that one -- tragic and tabloid, exciting and excruciating.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
I'm upset that I missed it last night. I didn't even know that it was on. If I had, I'd have watched.

- Trip

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Seen it already.

You can find this at the library on DVD and VHS commonly.

Joe Kennedy was a sleaze bag, who basically bought the Presidency for Jack. The boys werent so bad.

Jack really screwed up the Bay of Pigs. But he was a staunch anti Communist like his brother Robert (who worked with McCarthy in the 50s). Ted was the worst, unquestionably. He also adopted a far more Communist apologetic position and policy advocations. Pretty shameful.

The American Experience Presidents series is worth seeking out.

LBJ was another very interesting one.

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
The American Experience Presidents series is worth seeking out.
I've seen some of it and I must agree, it's very worth watching. I saw the ones on FDR and Truman when they aired them on PBS World a few months ago. I'd like to see the whole series.

- Trip