The Revolution Ends!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Bye bye to the Revolution. The reality show that replaced All My Children has been canned. Eventually, its spot will go to the new Katie Couric talk show. Meanwhile, General Hospital has gotten another year renewal.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
Bye bye to the Revolution. The reality show that replaced All My Children has been canned. Eventually, its spot will go to the new Katie Couric talk show. Meanwhile, General Hospital has gotten another year renewal.
The Chew replaced All My Children. The Revolution replaced One Life To Live. I'm reading that General Hospital will move to the 2pm (ET)/1pm (CT) time slot, & at least from July to the time Katie Couric's new talk show comes on (if I'm reading this right), that GMA In The Afternoon will move to the current time slot General Hostital is in. I just wonder if all ABC O&O stations picked up the show. WLS-TV has had a successful, steady lineup of shows in the 3 - 7pm time slots that they aren't willing to sabotage it for a new talk show. If they didn't put Windy City Live on the air, Katie might have gone on in the 9am time slot (Oprah's former time slot in Chicago, which was also the time slot for Oprah's former local talk show for 2 years, AM Chicago). By September, Chicagoans will see if WLS-TV does carry her, & in the 2pm time slot. Not how well GMA In The Afternoon will do, but it's silly to expand the morning show in the afternoon. It's the same at NBC with the 4th hour of Today, which has a completely different format with Kathie Lee & Hoda.

This is the link I found on another site that discussed this very issue.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
You're right about which show replaced what; I just forgot. The network is giving an hour back to the locals from what I understand which could change GH's start time. I'm not sure how that will play out. Stations seem to switch it around somehow anyway. If they move it up here, it will be directly opposite Days of our Lives.