The title bugs me

Ok...am I the only one who is bothered by the title's lack of grammar. America's Got Talent??? Who thought of such a lousy title which is also so grammatically incorrect. Who would really say America Has Got Talent, because that's really what it means. Guess I'll stop being so nit picky.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
After watching America's Got Talent for the first time last night, I think the title of the show is quite fitting. lol. Yes the title is a horrible exercise in grammar, but what do you epect when Jerry Springer is one of the co-hosts......

One more small gripe about the show; there were way too many close-ups on the backsides of the cowboy dance group last night. Way too many.....lol.

what bugs me is that we have 2 British people and DAVID HASSELLHOFF judging America's talent. :confused:
I've noticed that, too. Maybe the two Brits are being punished for something they did back home. As for Hassellhoff, maybe he's punishment for people who are watching the show. LOL

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
i think the show bugs me more than the title...i think everyone is trying their hand at the "american idol talent show" and this one falls way short in my opinion.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
I keep wondering if its more of a question than a statement! Lol. They have showcased some weird and really silly talents. Plus I think there are way too many "singing" competitions and singing as a talent should be banned from this one.

I think one of the networks needs to be brave enough to bring back the Gong Show. I think I would be able to watch that since Chuck Barris never took himself as seriously as these judges do.

I agree that singing should be banned from this show, it should be for all other talents. But yeah the grammer of the name of the show is annoying because it is incorrect. I think that the title of the show is suppose to be a statement not so much a questions.

Just to add up Its not only America:D there are also shows that are part of the Got Talent Series that have the same title like Britain's Got Talent, Australia's Got Talent, Denmark's Got Talent, Slovakia's Got Talent and lastly New Zealand's Got Talent.
But some other countries seems to be bothered also with the title that's why they named there show in a different way . .
for example

Argentina "Talento Argentino" (Argentinian Talent)
Belgium "Supertalent in Vlaanderen" (Supertalent in Flanders)
Finland "Talent Suomi" (Talent Finland)
France "Incroyable Talent" (Incredible Talent)
Germany "Das Supertalent" (The Supertalent)
Greece "Ελλάδα, έχεις ταλέντο" (Greece, You Have Talent)
Hungary "Ha'Davar Ha'Gadol Ha'Ba" (The Next Big Thing)
Netherlands "Bijna Beroemd" (Almost Famous)
Norway "Norske talenter" (Norwegian Talents)
Poland "Mam Talent!" (I've Got Talent!)
Portugal "Aqui Há Talento" (There's Talent Here)
Russia "Минута славы" (A Minute of Fame)
Spain "Tienes Talento" (You Have Talent)

and our very own "Talentadong Pinoy" (Talented Filipino) Yep, I'm from the Philippines:)

Last edited:

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Ha..ha. I don't think I would want to compete on a show titled Almost Famous. Lol. That's funny about The Gong Show. I had the same thought, reading through these threads. Thanks Cavindale for doing all that research. Good job!

Mei

DTVUSA Member
yes, it is actually wrong grammar. but i was not really bothered by it because i enjoy the show a lot. i love the performers and how they show their talents.:D

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think one of the networks needs to be brave enough to bring back the Gong Show. I think I would be able to watch that since Chuck Barris never took himself as seriously as these judges do.
Ah, that would be GREAT for the judges to "gong" the horrible talent. It seems like Britain's Got Talent does something similar if I remember right.

Pixie85

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I'm still amazed that The Hoff is a judge on this show.
I mean, come on?!?! What are his qualifications. He wrote several cheesy pop songs couple of decades ago.

Besides that, the show's quite OK. Much better than the Idol. At least we can see various types of talents here.
Although, by watching the international versions, singing tends to win in this one too. Shame!

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
Now that you mention this, I have to agree. The title in the show is really poorly put together. Not many people, including me, would notice this thought. I guess it would be able to slip by.

Ah, that would be GREAT for the judges to "gong" the horrible talent. It seems like Britain's Got Talent does something similar if I remember right.
Yea so did a show called the Gong Show once upon a time. They all are about the same, americas got talent, idol, even the dance ones to me they all say BORING!

You are watching it?
Really?
I have only seen a few clips on youtube.com and none of it makes me want to see the whole show.

Sorry, I do not wat to have any more "talent" shows. It is boring.