The Today Show -- what happened to its integrity?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Of course, integrity in the news media is pretty much nil. It is equal in my mind to a politician on the campaign trail. I don't trust any of them.

So, last week The Today Show airs an EDITED 911 call. The result has a completely different intent to what happened. Now I am not speaking out one way or the other on this whole Trayvon Martin thing. I don't know what happened. I don't know if the police are covering things up. I don't know if the kid was innocent and the cop is guilty, or vice versa. All I'm addressing here is The Today's Show stirring of the pot. It had to be intentional because one of their employees edited the thing and then they did not use care and tell its audience that they were not listening to the call as it happened.

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Last week, Today aired a segment that included Zimmerman's call as follows: "This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black."

Today didn't inform its audience it had edited out the middle of the 911 call, which in reality went like this:

Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about."

911 operator: "Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black.
That's a huge difference in tone. So much for media ethics, not that it's been there for a very long time anyway.

AG99

DTVUSA Member
I read somewhere that Zimmerman is suing NBC (which owns the Today Show) for prejudicing the jury pool with stunts like that. There was a lot of talk about it on their website boards. I never saw so many people with an agenda come out of the woodwork on that case!

I haven't watched the Today Show in forever. I still can't believe that we have shows trying to leverage the Martin tragedy still to get more people to tune in, etc!