The Walt Disney Company Acquires Lucasfilm; Star Wars: Episode VII Set for 2015

hahaha.

Loving the photoshops of Disney/Lucas stuff. Not really sure I'm a fan of the move, but, it can't get much worse than the crap that Lucas put out after the first Star Wars trilogy.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
This morning Glenn Beck commented on Disney acquiring LucasFilm/Star Wars and he said the next time you hear the Disney song "When You Wish Upon a Star ... it will be heard as When You Wish Upon a DeathStar ... !"

Cracked me up.

Jim

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Lucas sold out long ago on Star Wars. I wish I could say that I won't watch the new film out of protest, but, I probably will anyway. :duh:

First all YES, I do agree on multiple levels here....first off i do not KNOW what the problem is...... ALOT of people seem to have problems with the fact that the sell out was with Disney but,,,,,,if you've seen Disney's live action franchises here lately you KNOW that American Family Audiences can now handle a little violence (NOW someone get together with someone else and ERASE the 1990 Kids Television Act....(HINT HINT) and yeah Disney really couldn't do much worse then that's already been tried.....I do know that acticles say that the deal with have just tons of films...I think and say JUST WAIT...let's be patient....Disney is ready for this, they have vision and scope now lets see if they konw how to use it .............

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
First all YES, I do agree on multiple levels here....first off i do not KNOW what the problem is...... ALOT of people seem to have problems with the fact that the sell out was with Disney but,,,,,,if you've seen Disney's live action franchises here lately you KNOW that American Family Audiences can now handle a little violence (NOW someone get together with someone else and ERASE the 1990 Kids Television Act....(HINT HINT) and yeah Disney really couldn't do much worse then that's already been tried.....I do know that acticles say that the deal with have just tons of films...I think and say JUST WAIT...let's be patient....Disney is ready for this, they have vision and scope now lets see if they konw how to use it .............
Right, I'm really not "hating" as my kids would call it, but just a little disappointed that someone else didn't buy and continue the series in a darker mood. Like you said though, guess we'll find out now that Disney has the ball.

tannchri

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It all comes down to who Disney puts in charge at this point. It's not really surprising that they bought out all of the franchise and rights (the Disney company owns a surprising amount of other studios and television stations outside of the top-level "Disney" brand), what will be interesting is to see how they try to keep it alive for new generations of fans. Lucas tried, and I think we can all agree it wasn't a very good attempt. Though the Clone Wars TV series has been doing pretty well.

tannchri

DTVUSA Jr. Member
With the Clone Wars, I liked the first two seasons, but season 3 and 4 just aren't as good in my opinion.

I've heard that ratings have been down for Cartoon Network this year.
I agree with the latest seasons, it seems like they're rushing through things now and trying to touch on the stronger "features" from the earlier seasons. As for CN ratings, can you link to some sources about that? I'd be curious to see, and I wonder what's causing that.

I need to go back and catch the Clone Wars from the beginning.....I wonder if Disney is going to male Clone Wars available on Disney Studios All Access eventually (their supposed planned Vudu(ish) Cloud Based service>>>>>????

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Comcast 0
M Comcast 0