The World & Your TV

DeCoding_America

DTVUSA Jr. Member
:violin:

Sad that the whole world is forced to switch to Digital.

I found the solution to "My" problem, and that was hooking up my Converter Box to the Tv and the tv to my Dvd Player.

Well thats if your Tv has an A/V Button! [Thats when your good to Go!]

But that when I stumbled upon another problem...
My other Tv does not have an A/V Button, so therefore I'm not good to go.

Any Advice?

Please any will do...

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. A simple inexpensive A/B switch will do the same thing.
:violin:

Sad that the whole world is forced to switch to Digital.

I found the solution to "My" problem, and that was hooking up my Converter Box to the Tv and the tv to my Dvd Player.

Well thats if your Tv has an A/V Button! [Thats when your good to Go!]

But that when I stumbled upon another problem...
My other Tv does not have an A/V Button, so therefore I'm not good to go.

Any Advice?

Please any will do...

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
yes a few more on my tv
We need as many details as possible.

First.

1. What audio/video equipment is currently connected to your TV?

2. How many inputs are "available" on the back of your TV? 0? 1? 2?

3. If you have a VCR, do you want to able to record digital programming from it?

4. You mentioned A/V button on your other TV, but some TVs call this button "Source" or "Input" too. Do you have anything like that on your remote?

5. What kind of wire do you plan on connecting the converter box to the TV? Coax or RCA?

DeCoding_America

DTVUSA Jr. Member
We need as many details as possible.

First.

1. What audio/video equipment is currently connected to your TV?

2. How many inputs are "available" on the back of your TV? 0? 1? 2?

3. If you have a VCR, do you want to able to record digital programming from it?

4. You mentioned A/V button on your other TV, but some TVs call this button "Source" or "Input" too. Do you have anything like that on your remote?

5. What kind of wire do you plan on connecting the converter box to the TV? Coax or RCA?
well...

1] none
2]3 rows of [red,white,yellow]
3]No, i have a DVR that i would like to hook up but I get confused from all the cables,lol
4]the tv that i have problems with now does have an Input button on the remote but i tried & nothing.
5]whats the difference of Coax/RCA?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
RCA has red/white/yellow connection, and coax is a single (white or black) cable that has one prong on it.

So you have the converter connected right now to the TV? You just can't see the setup screen or menu? Do you see a black screen or snow? Is the TV set to channel 3? channel 4? or have you cycled through all of the "inputs"? If you see a completely black screen, try pressing the menu button on your converter remote.

DeCoding_America

DTVUSA Jr. Member
RCA has red/white/yellow connection, and coax is a single (white or black) cable that has one prong on it.

So you have the converter connected right now to the TV? You just can't see the setup screen or menu? Do you see a black screen or snow? Is the TV set to channel 3? channel 4? or have you cycled through all of the "inputs"? If you see a completely black screen, try pressing the menu button on your converter remote.
I have RCA,yes its connected.
yeah, i cant see it & the screen is blue[channel 4]

Hi, ok try channel 3 and hit the menu button on your converter. If nothing, try hitting the input button on your tv remote once and pressing the menu button again on your converter.

One thought, the back of your TV has both input and output RCA connections. Are you sure the converter is connected to one of the RCA inputs?

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
The
3 rows of [red,white,yellow]
are switched using the remote input button. Each time you press the input button it cycles from #1 to #2 and then to #3. If you connect the
[red,white,yellow]
from the DVD output to the
[red,white,yellow]
#1 input on the back of the TV and press the input button until it shows #1 input, you could watch a DVD. If you connect the
[red,white,yellow]
from the DVR output to the
[red,white,yellow]
#2 input on the back of the TV and press the input button until it shows #2 input, you could watch the DVR. This is the basics. If you have more advanced equipment you may or may not have these connections or maybe even better. Post back with the Make and model of the TV, DVR and DVD to get the exact connections for the best reception. You may need to purchase different cables than you currently own to get the best picture.
well...

1] none
2]3 rows of [red,white,yellow]
3]No, i have a DVR that i would like to hook up but I get confused from all the cables,lol
4]the tv that i have problems with now does have an Input button on the remote but i tried & nothing.
5]whats the difference of Coax/RCA?