Thinking about going with Cox Cable? Customer Satisfaction Rank Details...

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Looks like Cox Communications recently announced receiving highest honors in J.D. Power and Associates’ 2008 Residential Regional Telephone Customer Satisfaction Study (in the West) according to this article.

This makes the win Cox's sixth in a row now. I know the article is mostly aimed at telephone service, but Cox ranks pretty high up there with television service also.

I'm a huge fan of customer satisfaction with large companies. Just recently, I switched back to Dell after boycotting their products for years because of rude (and not being able to understand) customer service call centers. Dell has switched back to U.S. call center locations for technical support.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Great article! It looks like they've got their act together...Their call center reminds me of a war room with a command center console setup...not that I've ever seen one...

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I think many companies are going to start moving their operations back to inside the country. Customers as a whole are bucking the system and asking for someone who can speak American, notice I did not say English :p

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
I think many companies are going to start moving their operations back to inside the country. Customers as a whole are bucking the system and asking for someone who can speak American, notice I did not say English :p
hehe, it is kind of true. I'm on the phone a lot with overseas tech support with my job, and it's so frustrating when there is a communication barrier. I'm sure it works to the call center's advantage because most people get frustrated and just give up on trying to get help. Not me, I'll stick it out on the phone until I get my questions answered. :)

tj716

DTVUSA Member
That is one great thing about cox, everytime you call you will get someone that speaks English, not that speaking another language is bad or anything. Just trying to explain something already frustrating to someone that barely knows English is not a way to get or keep customers.

tyler

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yes, although they do speak English usually it's very difficult to get anything done through them as they are only able to troubleshoot whatever option it gives them on their computer. About 90% of the time I have ever called them they have always had to actually send someone out to look at the issue. And what sucks about them doing that is if they consider it being a problem on your end they charge you like $15/hr it took to fix the problem or for their trouble of coming out.

I'm not a very happy Cox customer but they are ultimately our only solution where we live. :\