Time To tell a Jerk Where to Go!!!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Bad day? Uh, seriously, so much for having a differing opinion.

I'm all for rallying around in support of over-the-air, but don't expect me to stand in line and cast stones anytime soon because of someone who doesn't agree.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Bad day? Uh, seriously, so much for having a differing opinion.

I'm all for rallying around in support of over-the-air, but don't expect me to stand in line and cast stones anytime soon because of someone who doesn't agree.
Well, the fact that these folks totally ignore any technical facts when they write these opinions, and given the fact that there opinions are completely elitist, monopolistic, and anti-poor, it makes my blood boil every time this type of person crawls out from under one of the rocks they hide under. And, I believe that they need to get enough negative feedback whenever they post this stuff that they think twice before they decide to do it again.

I had thought that these guys had gone away, but obviously not!!!

I have a better idea than Steverino ...

What we REALLY should do (no, seriously) we should immediately OUTLAW ALL CABLE, SATELLITE AND FIBER OPTIC TV.

There are only a dozen or so channels that you can get only through pay TV. Two-thirds of those get very, very low numbers. I guarantee you the three or four remaining channels would find a way to get their programming to the masses, either via free TV or internet TV. Mostly free TV, I'm guessing.

Everyone would be happier, once they got set up with decent antennas. Everyone, that is, except the pay TV companies and their stockholders. OK, 95% of everyone would be happier. But free TV is SO much better today than it was 20 years ago, and antennas can be SO much less bulky, and SO few people know it, that the gubment would be white knight to the people for a change, inside of two months. Now, to figure the odds of this happening, you have to look at what will maximize the money stream to politicians and their (re)election campaigns. Oh well, it was a cute little dream while it lasted. :flypig:

If I were king for a day ...
Rick

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Dan's a little snappy today.
Yes, I'm sure that being denied a CASH SECURED credit card at my local bank where I have a sizable savings account because of my "derogatory credit history" isn't helping my mood. It brings back memories of fighting with my ex-wife over whether her $150 per month cable bill was a necessity, and me having to endure one of her epic fits where she would beat her head against the wall and try to stab herself with a dollar store steak knife.

Then some ivory tower freak shows up complaining about people getting TV for free!!!

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Yes, I'm sure that being denied a CASH SECURED credit card at my local bank where I have a sizable savings account because of my "derogatory credit history" isn't helping my mood. It brings back memories of fighting with my ex-wife over whether her $150 per month cable bill was a necessity, and me having to endure one of her epic fits where she would beat her head against the wall and try to stab herself with a dollar store steak knife.

Then some ivory tower freak shows up complaining about people getting TV for free!!!
Why are there never any clues BEFORE you combine your lives?

Anyway, try moving part of your money to a credit union that offers a secured card. You might also open an account with USAA, and apply for a card with them: https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/banking_credit_cards_secured_credit_card

Also, Capital One has been know to be lenient with credit histories on secured cards.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Why are there never any clues BEFORE you combine your lives?
There were, but I just wasn't paying attention. I was quite naive at the time.

Also, Capital One has been know to be lenient with credit histories on secured cards.
Yes, they even offered me one, but I was hoping to get it at my local bank where I already have all of my accounts. What's the worst thing that could happen to the bank on a secured account? "Oh my, we have to keep your deposit and ding your credit report." It would seem like a no brainer to me. My ex had a 32 page credit report of mostly derogatory accounts, and she was always able to find someone who would give her an UNSECURED card. What's up with that?