Time Warner CEO says TV having second golden age

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Time Warner CEO says TV having second golden age - Yahoo! News

From the article:

"Media conglomerate Time Warner's chief executive said television was enjoying a second golden age and rejected the notion that innovation had passed into the hands of technology companies like Google.

Jeff Bewkes said the number of television viewers was growing, paid-television penetration was increasing and advertising and subscription revenues were up. He urged the industry not to undervalue its content when making deals for digital distribution." ...
-------------------------
Of course, no 'pay-for' will ever mention FREE OTA Television, but the title of the article certainly rings true for those of us who have free reception. OTA Digital TV vs Analog TV has made a golden age for us. Crystal clear, plenty of channels and free!

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
plenty of channels
Plenty of OTA channels depends on where you live. I get 41 channels, but because the 2 counties refuse to work together, many are duplicates. I figure maybe 27 after I eliminate duplicates, and minus the 3 I never watch about 24. But still better than analog...

Trip showed me this market, 75 channels including audio only, very few duplicates. WOW! I didn't know some of these channels existed. Wish we all could have this kind of OTA coverage.

Cortez, Colorado CLICK LINK and expand all ---> RabbitEars.Info

Last edited:

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Bewkes missed the second golden age...it ended last year. After decades over improving options year-over-year, this fall is the first one for as long as I've been following the industry where the choices are less rich than the year before, a victim of the burgeoning of other options for leisure time, including video games, web surfing, etc.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Trip showed me this market, 75 channels including audio only, very few duplicates. WOW! I didn't know some of these channels existed. Wish we all could have this kind of OTA coverage.

Cortez, Colorado CLICK LINK and expand all ---> RabbitEars.Info
Cortez is deep rural, and surrounded by mountains. Four corners area. Hot and dry. Visited a friend down there in 2001 when his wife was working at an archaeological dig at Mesa Verde. No one can say they aren't using their TV band. The system must be tax supported. ;-)