Time Warner- is it a good deal?

sunshine4

DTVUSA Member
I live in the country and was just approached by Time Warner. They said that if the neighbors on our street will all switch to Time Warner, they will bring it to our street. I had Time Warner a long time ago and really can't remember if it was any better or worse than Dish Network.
Can anyone let me know?

Yes616

The Mod Squad
I live in the country and was just approached by Time Warner. They said that if the neighbors on our street will all switch to Time Warner, they will bring it to our street. I had Time Warner a long time ago and really can't remember if it was any better or worse than Dish Network.
Can anyone let me know?
I don't know what you do about internet and phone so I suggest you want to get hooked up for the triple play unless you want HD. The real HD signal on cable is bad unless you have a set under 32".

They have a decent deal for internet and phone ONLY too then get your HDTV hooked to a Dish.

The bottom line is vote for that line coming down the road then use it the way you see fit.

sunshine4

DTVUSA Member
Good suggestion Yes. I can always vote yes on Time Warner and then maybe decide not to use it. Right now I have the bundle with the phone, tv and Internet threw my phone...but who knows, landlines seem to be coming obsolete.

JoeM

DTVUSA Member
They have pretty good customer experience from my experience, but I'm kind of ticked off at them, but mostly because of their possible new pricing system for road runner. Charging different prices for different amounts of bandwidth used would not be a good thing!

I have time warner, they are not amazing, I think they are expensive unless you get a bundle deal. My biggest complaint is the last few years they have been at war with local stations. We had one local station that was dropped for awhile due to some contract stuff, now it seems every year or so we are bombarded with all this stuff at contract time and the cost then goes up.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Keep in mind that Time Warner has a lot of issues with carrying shows. Several times over the years it's made the news about their contractual issues with cable networks.

ausqtie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I am not a fan of Time Warner; however there isn’t a huge option that works any better for any less. My big problem is where I live Time Warner is expensive, a bit higher than some and a bit lower than others, but still expensive. So, instead of lowering their rates they have a brand new fully loaded Hummer with spinners gas guzzling around advertising for them. Ummmm….maybe they could down grade that by A LOT so they can save the environment some and low my monthly bill.

Mockingbird

DTVUSA Member
Time Warner is on my list of crappy cable service, I don't use the box and have the lowest cable contract available mostly because I am never home to watch TV, so this season they move two of the 6 channels I do watch making it so non-box users cannot get them anymore. I checked out the cost and seriously I would be better off just buying the seasons of the shows I did like. In fact thats not a bad idea, at least then I don't have to deal with the commercials