Time Warner removes HDNet and HDNet Movies from it's lineup

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Looks like Mark Cuban is losing some ground with HDNet. Wasn't he indicted not to long ago for some kind wrongdoing with the stock market? Not sure if that had anything to do with Time Warner's decision to remove, but it does look like there's a big enough audience for his channels.

An unnamed Time Warner Cable spokeswoman told a trade pub called CableFax Daily that HDNet was dropped because of “limited appeal for the programming.”
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2009/06/22/story1.html

Last edited:
Looks like Mark Cuban is losing some ground with HDNet. Wasn't he indicted not to long ago for some kind wrongdoing with the stock market? Not sure if that had anything to do with Time Warner's decision to remove, but it does look like there's a big enough audience for his channels.

Time Warner bumps Cuban?s HD stations - Dallas Business Journal:
I think that HDNet once had a good following because there wasn't a lot of HD programming on Cable and Satellite company's line-up. I remember watching it in the early days just for the sake of watching 1080i on television.

Now days, you can find HD shows and movies everywhere on cable and satellite. HDNet's line-up schedule kind of sucks too. Smallville and Arrested Development were great shows, but I'd rather watch some exclusive HD like some of the Discovery HD specials or anything that can show off the power of High Definition television.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I think that HDNet once had a good following because there wasn't a lot of HD programming on Cable and Satellite company's line-up. I remember watching it in the early days just for the sake of watching 1080i on television.

Now days, you can find HD shows and movies everywhere on cable and satellite. HDNet's line-up schedule kind of sucks too. Smallville and Arrested Development were great shows, but I'd rather watch some exclusive HD like some of the Discovery HD specials or anything that can show off the power of High Definition television.
Completely agree, and just for the record, there's nothing wrong with liberalism, I just hate when multibillionares want to tell me how to live my life and how awful America is.