Tio by Winegard .... Mobile Digital TV (ATSCH-MH)

Piggie

Super Moderator
I got back interested what new links I could find on ATSC M/H today. And came across this. Anyone else heard or seen this? It's from the CES web site.

Winegard Company - In-car Gaming System,Other Mobile and Vehicle Electronics Products

Doesn't say much, why I wondered if there is any other news? What it looks like or how big, etc. It's says its for the car.

Here is about all that was on that page:

Tio by Winegard is a fully portable, automotive OEM grade 10.2” touch-screen LCD media player for car, home and handheld use. Tio allows a variety of multimedia formats, including Mobile Digital TV (ATSCH-MH) broadcasts, DVD, CD, iPod video connectivity, 3G internet, USB, SD card, and video games.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I got back interested what new links I could find on ATSC M/H today. And came across this. Anyone else heard or seen this? It's from the CES web site.

Winegard Company - In-car Gaming System,Other Mobile and Vehicle Electronics Products

Doesn't say much, why I wondered if there is any other news? What it looks like or how big, etc. It's says its for the car.

Here is about all that was on that page:

Tio by Winegard is a fully portable, automotive OEM grade 10.2” touch-screen LCD media player for car, home and handheld use. Tio allows a variety of multimedia formats, including Mobile Digital TV (ATSCH-MH) broadcasts, DVD, CD, iPod video connectivity, 3G internet, USB, SD card, and video games.
Will be interesting to see some pricing come out soon for this and other M/H gadgets. The average 7" mobile ATSC tuner TV is selling >$100...I'd like to see M/H TV's sell at an equivalent or lessor price.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Will be interesting to see some pricing come out soon for this and other M/H gadgets. The average 7" mobile ATSC tuner TV is selling >$100...I'd like to see M/H TV's sell at an equivalent or lessor price.
This looks to be more than a tuner, more of a mobile entertainment center. So I bet the price will be a lot higher. Says it's a 10.2 inch touch screen, so there the price goes up. Says it supports 3G? Wonder if you need a 3G device to feed into it or it has RF receiver for cell signals. That would seem less likely as it would need to do CDMA and GSM. I don't think I know a device that decodes both cell standards in the same box. A lot of cell phones are built with either standard but not both.

Another question is the DVD capable Blu-Ray? Or just SD DVDs? I would guess Blu-Ray, as that would make it without a short coming for something that has a 10 inch touch screen.

What video games will it play? And how? just as a display? or with built in game abilities?

Lots of questions. I can't find anything else about it. I hope more information is forth coming. And if this is truly going to a new product, then maybe it will spur other ATSC-M/H devices. Maybe some like you are talking about that are just a 7 inch LCD TV without the other gizmos.