Question: TitanTV question?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Not sure where to post this, so it goes here.

Does anyone know if its possible to publicly post my TitanTV program guide online, on my own website (embedded in a page) or possibly linking to TitanTV for a pre-set guide with no login required?

It's hard to find an accurate guide for my area, and I just want to put the schedule out there. TitanTV is the ONLY accurate guide that has all my channels listed.

n2rj

Staff member
Embedding? I don't think so.

See their TOS: TitanTV - Terms of Use Page

No material from TITANTV.COM or any Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by BROADCAST INTERACTIVE may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way.
I think "distributed in any way" covers embedding in your own website.

As far as linking a direct link to your guide, I am not sure that's possible. Your localization data is sent in a POST request (meaning it's submitted to the website as a separate request, not as part of the URL) so I don't think you can link to a local guide.

What a lot of these sites do have is an API you can use, which you have to pay for. TitanTV and Tribune (Zap2it) do have an API you can use, but, well, it costs money to use unfortunately.

MrPogi

Staff member
And me, the Po' Boy, has no monies. I will just have to instruct people how to set up their own TitanTV.

MrPogi

Staff member
Yep, $20 a year may be affordable in the future, but my work needs to be self supporting. I am providing free info to residents of my community.

n2rj

Staff member
Unfortunately the only free data available right now is the 7 day trial of Schedules direct or EIT.

Guide listings come from companies like Tribune who charge money to license their listings. Zap2it used to be free but was discontinued a few years ago.