TiVo control from your Blackberry??

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like TiVo and Research In Motion (maker of Blackberrys) have teamed up together to offer the capability of scheduling TV shows to be recorded on a TiVo receiver set top box from a Blackberry cell phone.

Users of Blackberry smartphones will be able to view television schedules and choose which offerings they want to record away from their house...

LOL, what can't a cell phone do these days? Think of the possibilities...Let's say you're on a business trip, and while you're using the restroom, it dawns on you that you forgot to record "Prison Break", back at the house. Within minutes, you could schedule the show to be recorded, and continue about your business while on the toilet! Technology is awesome. :cool:

Source: TiVo control coming to BlackBerry | News - Wireless - CNET News

That does sound really cool. And yeah I do agree, what can't a cell phone do nowadays. I really am not a HUGE fan of the blackberries. I wish I could afford an iphone. Well I can afford the phone but I can't afford the plan that is required to get the phone.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I'm not a fan of cellphones period. Until the research being done into the cancer risk from using cell phones is done I think I will stay away from them.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a fan of cellphones period. Until the research being done into the cancer risk from using cell phones is done I think I will stay away from them.
I've seen a few studies that may point to possible cancer risk, but I don't think there's any direct evidence. I hope not, I've been using one for a long time now. :p

jack

DTVUSA Member
wow..its a great news.i love blackberry mobile..mainly it looks so sexy and we can operate all facilities easily.in some models,its user friendly.but mostly business people will use it.if they put tv scheduling,many of them will buy it.