To Binge or Not To Binge, That is the Question

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Do you partake in binge watching? What is your idea of binging - is it 2 or 3 episodes a day, finishing a season in a week or so, or do you need to watch a full season straight through without interruptions? And if you only binge on certain shows, what makes you decide to do so?

I've never sat down and watched a whole season of a show straight through. The most I think I've watched in a day is about 4 episodes of the same show. That number comes from the DVD days when that's usually how many hour-long would fit on a disc, and often I wanted to finish a disc so I could exchange it. I do tend to watch multiple episodes on streaming, but I usually prefer to watch several different shows (I could easily watch 2 episodes each of 3 or 4 different shows in a single day). It offers a change of pace - I can watch something more depressing and then switch to a comedy - and also, it makes the individual shows last longer. But still, I usually will finish a season of a show (which the whole season is available already) in a couple weeks.