Top paid TV actors

AG99

DTVUSA Member
I am definitely in the wrong career! $175k for one episode of "Modern Family"? Sweet deal if you can get it.

Sofia Vergara Tops FORBES' List Of The Highest-Paid TV Actors - Forbes

It's probably worth pointing out that actors don't take home nearly as much as they get paid. Of course, they pay federal and state taxes like everyone else (over 50% in CA), payroll taxes (7.65%), SAG (.25%), and their agent (10%). So on a $1M contract, the actor only gets about $320,000.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It's ridiculous now, way out of hand, just like the salaries of athletes. Studios are willing to pay, though. Personally, I wouldn't. I don't think anyone is worth all of that. Let me include CEO salaries in that too. I've been saying for a long time they should just get the college graduate to run things - fresh perspective, undaunted by baggage experiences, and fearless. Let them at it and save billions.

AG99

DTVUSA Member
You can't really say who is worth what unless you're paying the bills. Since the movie-going public is indeed spending enough at the theater, through pay-TV subscriptions, and in DVD sales to support these ridiculously priced movies and TV shows, then yes, I suppose they are worth it. When and if the financial support drops out from under the entertainment industry, then you'll see these salaries returning to Earth.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
It's ridiculous now, way out of hand, just like the salaries of athletes. Studios are willing to pay, though. Personally, I wouldn't. I don't think anyone is worth all of that. Let me include CEO salaries in that too.
You can't really say who is worth what unless you're paying the bills. Since the movie-going public is indeed spending enough at the theater, through pay-TV subscriptions, and in DVD sales to support these ridiculously priced movies and TV shows, then yes, I suppose they are worth it. When and if the financial support drops out from under the entertainment industry, then you'll see these salaries returning to Earth.
Ah, the age old argument. Are actors, CEOs, and sports players worth their salaries?

I admit that it seems ridiculous for a CEO or ball player to make millions whether they perform well or not but why do they "not" deserve it? If there wasn't motivation to make big $$$, do you know how much corporate fraud there would be?? Or worse yet, would you prefer those dollars go into the pockets of the investors?

TV actors too, they perform and work for millions of people. If they weren't being paid as well, then who should get the money? The studios? Or should the entertainment be made free for everyone so that there were less $$$ to go around? Who should dictate the terms?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Spread the wealth. We wouldn't need/get high licensing fees ... wouldn't need higher cable channel prices ... etc etc etc .... ideallistically, anyway. Blame it all, sports wise, on Charley Finley. Greedy man or perhaps stingy is a better word: changed the history of baseball, regardless of what you call it ... and it's a shame really.